June 2015 Hatch A Long HAL

I have my first pip today out of my EEs and Legbars! Day 19, and it is one of my EEs (in a brown egg) that is going first. I heard the little one chirping away in there at 6am. I am going to leave now, and hope for more when I get home later today. :)

Well now two other hens have gone broody LOL! So that's 4 altogether now :) Half of my girls are sitting ;P Hatch day for hens 1&2 is the 21st and I am SO excited!!! :D Praying all goes well, I talked to some friends yesterday who proceeded to tell me their horror stories about their chickens trying to hatch eggs...awesome JUST what I needed to hear *eye roll*

I think this first-time quail hatch is a bust for me. After loosing the one hen and all but one chicken egg which might not even hatch, I just locked down the quail eggs with poor results. I candled the eggs as I locked down and only five are still viable. The rest were completely clear, infertile eggs. One chick was already internally pipped, but hatch day isn't until Tuesday. The other four were dark shadows without any discernible movement. :idunno Things don't look good for this hatch. I may have to just buy some quail chicks, so DH can raise his own quail.

Sorry you are having a troubled hatch. It's amazing so many do hatch though so keep trying!!!

My hatch is actually going fairly well. Unfortunately, I won't know for a couple weeks if I killed the other eggs from the higher humidity.

Since my trusty little incubator I was using for a hatcher failed...I tried hatching them in the hatch area of my large cabinet. Increased humidity to 55. Up in the turning racks I have 4 peafowl, 6 Cemani, four silkie and a EE egg. So, here's hopinh they are ok.

My little broody hatched one egg...the other is off to the side. I put her in a little crate for privacy bc I found her in the center of the house with the roosters acting funny. No chances here!

Well, off to finish chicken chores &enjoy this beautiful day!

Ugh. I candled my eggs today (Day 9ish) and out of the 28 FERTILE eggs that were in the crappy incubator that wouldn't hold a temp that had a thermometer that wasn't accurate it looks like only 2 survived
hit.gif
I'm so disappointed, especially in myself for trusting the thermometer. I pulled 8 infertile eggs out of my own personal incubator and put the 2 survivors and the ones too dark to really see into in that one. Hopefully those few will pull through. I'm leaving the ones I'm not sure about in for another week and then pulling them if they haven't developed any more. Thankfully the eggs in my personal incubator are doing great! Out of 42 only 8 infertile or early quits.

I have my first pip today out of my EEs and Legbars! Day 19, and it is one of my EEs (in a brown egg) that is going first. I heard the little one chirping away in there at 6am. I am going to leave now, and hope for more when I get home later today.
smile.png

Well, I just got back home and this little one greeted me! I notice that the EEs I am getting out of the brown eggs (EE roo over Australorp hens=brown eggs) are coming out solid shades of black. I know that the roo carries a blue gene. (So much fun to see, but I am NOT going to try and figure out the genetics of my Ideal Hatchery run EE roo!!!) I love it that this one was out of the single spotted egg that I get.
big_smile.png

Still waiting on some of the Legbar eggs to start pippin'...not having a great fertility or hatch rate out of those so far. I bought them on a lark and knew they were older birds (3-4 yrs old???). I will be happy with whatever I get out of this hatch, but hoping for some pullets this time. Last batch only two out of 12 hatched, and both were roos. Ah well, that's okay. I'm in it for the blue eggs.
Happy hatching to everyone else!
jumpy.gif

Well, I just got back home and this little one greeted me! I notice that the EEs I am getting out of the brown eggs (EE roo over Australorp hens=brown eggs) are coming out solid shades of black. I know that the roo carries a blue gene. (So much fun to see, but I am NOT going to try and figure out the genetics of my Ideal Hatchery run EE roo!!!) I love it that this one was out of the single spotted egg that I get. :D Still waiting on some of the Legbar eggs to start pippin'...not having a great fertility or hatch rate out of those so far. I bought them on a lark and knew they were older birds (3-4 yrs old???). I will be happy with whatever I get out of this hatch, but hoping for some pullets this time. Last batch only two out of 12 hatched, and both were roos. Ah well, that's okay. I'm in it for the blue eggs. Happy hatching to everyone else! :jumpy
Happy hatching!!!

Ugh. I candled my eggs today (Day 9ish) and out of the 28 FERTILE eggs that were in the crappy incubator that wouldn't hold a temp that had a thermometer that wasn't accurate it looks like only 2 survived :hit I'm so disappointed, especially in myself for trusting the thermometer. I pulled 8 infertile eggs out of my own personal incubator and put the 2 survivors and the ones too dark to really see into in that one. Hopefully those few will pull through. I'm leaving the ones I'm not sure about in for another week and then pulling them if they haven't developed any more. Thankfully the eggs in my personal incubator are doing great! Out of 42 only 8 infertile or early quits.

I am sorry you lost all those eggs....:(

I hope your two hatch!

Ugh. I candled my eggs today (Day 9ish) and out of the 28 FERTILE eggs that were in the crappy incubator that wouldn't hold a temp that had a thermometer that wasn't accurate it looks like only 2 survived
hit.gif
I'm so disappointed, especially in myself for trusting the thermometer. I pulled 8 infertile eggs out of my own personal incubator and put the 2 survivors and the ones too dark to really see into in that one. Hopefully those few will pull through. I'm leaving the ones I'm not sure about in for another week and then pulling them if they haven't developed any more. Thankfully the eggs in my personal incubator are doing great! Out of 42 only 8 infertile or early quits.

i am so sorry =[ *hugs* i hope they hatch for you I'm so nervous about mine i left 2 in because i wasnt certain but they just werent developing... another had a blood ring i suspect from when my incubator fluctuated...at least everything is going well in the personal bator *fingerscrossed* i hope we all have good hatching

Back
Top Bottom