June 2015 Hatch A Long HAL

Well thank you for your support and not judging me <3 I was so scared that someone would chastise me for the decision
hide.gif

So when can I return the hen with a clutch to the rest of the flock?

I removed her as last summer I had a hen hatch out a bitty and the others killed the chick.

I don't have a broody but I would separate them with maybe chicken wire so the other flock can still see them but wait a few weeks mixing them. That's what I used to do with my ducks.

Maybe someone with more experience can help you.

Sorry about your broody @MesMama. I just had to throw one in the broody breaker today myself because she was being crazy and starving herself to death, and trying to kill the other broody's chicks. As soon as I put her in there with food she started wolfing it down. Hopefully it doesn't take long to break her.

4 out of the 6 eggs hatched!!!

1 delaware the other was supposed to also be a delaware but don't look like. They are still in the bator drying out.

these two are Ameraucanas from whitmore farm stock, I'm happy with how they look.

Will wait another day before discarding the other two eggs.

Sorry about your broody @MesMama . I just had to throw one in the broody breaker today myself because she was being crazy and starving herself to death, and trying to kill the other broody's chicks. As soon as I put her in there with food she started wolfing it down. Hopefully it doesn't take long to break her.
Thank you Pyxis :)

Last edited:
Well, I woke up this morning and their were TWO CHICKS that had hatched!!!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
Hatch day isn't until tomorrow but I guess they decided to be overachievers lol. There are about 10-15 that are pipped already as well. I can't wait to see how many hatch and what colors they are since the majority are barnyard mutts.

Back
Top Bottom