June 2015 Hatch A Long HAL

I thought my little bantam would never go broody, so I set a dozen of her eggs in my incubator 19 days ago. Today, out of 9 eggs (the others candled clear on day 14) I have 7 external pips!
lol.png
The chicks will be sexlinks...barred hen and wheaten roo. Can't wait to see them.
And by the way, the Bantam hen went broody 4 days ago with 2 eggs under her, and I slipped three developing guinea eggs under her today.
idunno.gif
We shall see what happens.

Here are the first 5 chicks!!!!! The black ones may be pure Dominiques but I won't know until they grow up and I see their combs. 2 more have hatched and are drying out in the incubator and there are 15 more pips that I can count. Which totals 21 out of the 48 eggs that made it to lockdown. Not bad for a day before they're supposed to hatch!

Here are the first 5 chicks!!!!! The black ones may be pure Dominiques but I won't know until they grow up and I see their combs. 2 more have hatched and are drying out in the incubator and there are 15 more pips that I can count. Which totals 21 out of the 48 eggs that made it to lockdown. Not bad for a day before they're supposed to hatch!
fantastic!

Fluffy little cuties!

Those are so sweet!!!

I thought my little bantam would never go broody, so I set a dozen of her eggs in my incubator 19 days ago.  Today, out of 9 eggs (the others candled clear on day 14) I have 7 external pips! :lol:   The chicks will be sexlinks...barred hen and wheaten roo.  Can't wait to see them.
And by the way, the Bantam hen went broody 4 days ago with 2 eggs under her, and I slipped three developing guinea eggs under her today. :idunno We shall see what happens.

I bet she will do very well!!!

Oh my peas! So cute!!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom