June Hatch-A-Long

So I came into the room with the incubator and look what I found or rather who.....

There had to be a noise or something to alert my puppy to this spot... As I was talking to my baby I thought I heard a small cheep. But it could be my wishful thinking. But something had to happen to have alerted the dog.

i did have to move the incubator to the left since it was looking on the verge of tipping over... i really hope i didn't disturb it too much. i try not to touch it.

Last edited:
So I came into the room with the incubator and look what I found or rather who.....

There had to be a noise or something to alert my puppy to this spot... As I was talking to my baby I thought I heard a small cheep. But it could be my wishful thinking. But something had to happen to have alerted the dog.

i did have to move the incubator to the left since it was looking on the verge of tipping over... i really hope i didn't disturb it too much. i try not to touch it.
I really like your big floor boards..that's what we call them anyway..along the floor..they are a nice wide wood. And where in the world did you find that jar for your pennys?! I want one! ha ha..now, on to chickens. Bet your cute little dog did hear something if it doesn't usually go around the bator. It's listening to see if it hears that noise again. :) Hope you wake up to lots of pips..or zips!

Our first hatch!! 1 down 8 to go! 5 have pipped. It's going to be a long night. So excited we got to see this one zip and hatch!
Wow, sounds like things are coming along. It's always nice to get those pips. Just ask MyName.
tongue.png
I'm waiting on duck pips now. I don't do ducks, this is nerve wracking. For a friend. I am not keeping any. If any hatch!
fl.gif

Where did you get your Nankin eggs?  Do you have Nankins?  
yeah I bought 3 of them. My stupid mutt decided to break down the door and play with one and killed it so now I have a roo and 1 hen. The hen that got killed was the only one laying after the long travel and she gave me 2 i think fertile eggs. So I tossed them in the bator. They are going to be very selectively bred to try to meet SoP

Last edited:
I
Agreed! Super cute coloring. Get a textured surface under the chicks. Helps to prevent spayed legs.

I use that rubber like rollout stuff for in your kitchen drawers. Works great then I throw it in the tub and use the sprayer to clean it. Works great! On my last hatch and my hatch a couple days ago I had chick with splayed legs. I used bandage tape to make a brace to hold them in closer. I put them on as soon as I noticed the problem. Worked great the first time, she only had it on for 2 whole days. She is now 8 weeks old and you would never know she had a problem. My lil chick hatched Thursday is still wearing hers but its definitely working. Good luck!

Latest hatch 1 hatcher was great, 1 was a bust, Was at hospital with wife. Temp dipped and daughter was impatient, when I got home eggs were 122 degrees. Some were pipped prior to her adjustment. SO those BSL's were out. Luckily I had WLH,RIR and MP in 2nd hatcher. Still 1 more batch in bator for this year. Have 6 broodies now so I will let the incubating wait til later this summer.

Back
Top Bottom