just a few questions...

I'm not surprised that they don't use the house or ramp. Quail are ground birds, and while some can and will use ramps, it is a bit out of their comfort zone. Don't expect them to use the nesting boxes to lay in either.

If you haven't already, you may want to put some boxes or other places they can hide down in the lower area of their pen since that is where they will spend most of their time.

I'm not surprised that they don't use the house or ramp. Quail are ground birds, and while some can and will use ramps, it is a bit out of their comfort zone. Don't expect them to use the nesting boxes to lay in either.

If you haven't already, you may want to put some boxes or other places they can hide down in the lower area of their pen since that is where they will spend most of their time.
Yes, you are so right... out of their comfort zone.
They do have a 2 wooden boxes on ground level & also some plants that they like to snug under, there's also a little nook under the ramp that they like to use. My one hen (who is laying ALREADY) likes to dig out a little hole between the plants to snuggle into & she routinely lays her daily egg in that little depression ❤️
The rest haven't started laying yet. She is one I hatched her from an egg so I know exactly how old she is; and she's barely 6 weeks old (Yesterday) and she has laid an egg every single day since I put them in the aviary 8 days ago. I think it's amazing considering how young she is and how HOT it's been here.
Aviary 4.jpg
Aviary 5.jpg
Aviary 6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom