just built me a new incubator for quail

TedJan92_in_Idaho

Songster
12 Years
May 27, 2011
Cocolalla Idaho
All I need is a piece of plexi glass for the door and to brace up the front of the wracks. It will hold 36o quail eggs on 3 GQG and Little Giant turners I picked up in a yard sale last summer. It will be heated by 2 bulbs and has a fan oak plywood cabinet. I will probably use this Tuesday when my eggs get here.

wee.gif
Awesome! Congrats on your bator!

Last edited:
TED~ THINK BIGGER MY FRIEND, QUAIL ARE VERY ADDICTIVE....

005.jpg

011.jpg

OH AND SOME HINTS~ DITCH THE LIGHTS, GO TO QGF'S WEBSITE AND GET YA AN ELEMENT
thumbsup.gif
THEY WORK 1000X'S BETTER AND DONT BURN OUT AND DROP TEMPS. AND MAKE THE FAN SO IT ANGLES DOWNWARD TO EVEN OUT THE HOTSPOTS

Quote:
This is my small incubator. I have 2 GQF cabinets. I just wanted some thing to do small batches of eggs in. I have a heating element here but have no clue how to wire it.

There is a false back in it. Can't see it in this pic. I put my fan in a old heater housing and mounted it over the hole hoping to get a little more air flow. I have a seal between the housing and panel to keep it from sucking air there.

Quote:
I have been looking for one of those but haven't had any luck.

So on your heating coil, are they hooked up directly to the hot and ground?? No resisters or such? I have a coil here out of a old electric heater I want to use that ids probably to much for my cabinet. I thought about putting a dimmer inline to cut it back. Think this would work?

Back
Top Bottom