Just devastated =(

FLchook

Songster
12 Years
Oct 27, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Sun Shine was missing when I got home....
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

She was my sweet heart, my spoiled little girl. She was hit by a terrible illness a couple weeks ago. She held tough, and I nursed her back to health. Spending hours dripping water & yogurt in his beck during the worst. She made a full recovery, and joined her feathered friends outside 4 days ago. She was running and happy this morning..... This afternoon she was gone. No trace of her, no feathers, not Sunshine...
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

My favorite hen vanished for 3 days, I was so upset and sad and then she just showed up again during the day. I kept my eye on her and sure enough I watched her crawl through some bushes and she had made a nest (she always had laid her eggs in the hen house) I sure hope your hen returns, I know how you are feeling!
hugs.gif

Fingers crossed she comes home. One of our neighbors chickens ran away and survived the winter by living in a pile of leaves on our property, we finally found her a few weeks after she'd gone missing, and she was perfectly healthy.

I keep hoping she went broody, but I'm not holding onto much hope of that
sad.png
I've had her for about a month & half, and I have never seen a egg from her. Not even the 2 weeks she was in the house sick... She is a buff orpington, so its possiblie those orp mommy hormones took over.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom