Just got back from grocery store...

Quote:
How many years ago was that spacecowgirl? Never seen milk under $3 a gal and never seen eggs for 50 cents a doz. Wow! time warp
lol.png

At Aldis on way home tonight, 1 gallon 1.99, I got two. In Ohio here, wonder why, last time I got milk (young kids at home, I buy two at a time), it was nearly 3.00 a gallon, not sure why price has dropped here today. New sign up said 10 gallon limit, I guess so with that prove the price is good.

Quote:
How many years ago was that spacecowgirl? Never seen milk under $3 a gal and never seen eggs for 50 cents a doz. Wow! time warp
lol.png

This was actually only about a year ago! The eggs must've been a super special sale; everyone was filling their carts up with them!
smile.png
I also live in a small town in North Georgia, where prices may be a bit lower than urban areas? hmmmm...
idunno.gif

Quote:
Hubbo likes the thick Charmin, and I buy the big pack, and it costs $20! A plastic tub of coffee is $9.88. It's all insane. I tell them at the register that when it costs twenty bucks to wipe our ends, it's time for Jesus to come back.

yuckyuck.gif

Here 2% gallon milk is $4.29 at our little grocery store here in PA.
ep.gif

BJ's is $2.99 for 2%. This is in NY. We shop here a lot.

But I'm a milkaholic--I need milk so no cost cutting there
sad.png

Quote:
It HAS been as low as that but not all the time. But it had not been over $3 at aldis before EVER.

I work part time as a s School Crossing guard. Its a great LITTLE job. We really feel it in the summer when I don't get that $$$.

My check pays the small water bill, groceries and my horses hay etc.

SO In summer I go out ONCE a week for errands THATS it!

We stock up throughout the year with good deals from DHs store and then in the summer we slide by with 100.00 every 2 weeks. It makes it challenging and kids are none too happy that they don't get all the stuff they would like. I say wait till we go back to school ALL the time.

I had JUST decided I was not going to get 2 boxes of cereal this time because between the cereal and the milk, its an expensive "snack" that doesn;t fill you up for long.

But the cheese... We have eggs a lot for either breakfast or lunch and I really like colby jack in my eggs. DD LOVES to make herself tortillas with "a LOT" of cheese so I am forever the cheese police!

Butter is used mostly as a condiment and coo with pam. BUT I do bake and while I work to find recipes with oil instead of butter, butter is in more recipes than oil.

So I/we DO cook from scratch BUT the staples are going up, almost enough to make prepackaged cheaper.

Will say that in summer when I am off, we grill most every day as I don;t want to heat up kitchen (unless it rains and cools us down). so it usually meat on the grill one side or starch and salad. AND THAT keeps me/us from gaining weight over summer. Dh gets very good deals on meat and stocksup my freezer. So meant is never a problem.

Oh yea bacon was high enough that I passed it up and we usually have breakfast for dinner once every 2 weeks.

~I~ am really looking forward to school going back so I can get a paycheck again! I do believe I have scrounged all the scrap metal and found all the extras to sell on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom