Just got Rescue Guinea Pigs! (Image heavy)

MageofMist

Crowing
5 Years
Dec 9, 2016
Britain
20201109_135253.jpg
20201109_174708.jpg
Meet Percy and Pedro the bonded boar guinea pigs I got yesterday. ^^ They are both rescue piggies from two different homes, but have been bonded and are now living here, with plenty of space, veggies and love.
20201110_123801.jpg
20201110_123812.jpg
20201110_155218.jpg

20201109_203745.jpg
20201109_135232.jpg
20201109_135639.jpg
This is Percy the Peruvian cross, not quite sure what he is crossed with, but I assume Abyssinian with how wild his coat is. His background was that his owner didn't have the time to take care of him anymore and so Percy fell into neglect, whilst otherwise healthy, his coat was matted and he was dirty.

Now he is in a loving home getting all the snuggles and cuddles he could wish for, he will lay on your lap for hours and adores having his fur brushed and combed, and he gives plenty of kisses, especially when you scratch under his chin. He will also sass at you if you try putting him back too soon before his cuddle/brush quota is met.

20201109_214927.jpg

His feet are also adorbs.

20201110_155235.jpg
20201109_155150.jpg
20201109_135248.jpg
This is Pedro the Lunkarya, he is a shy and skittish bean who came from a hoard of 200+ guinea pigs and was a mess before getting tidied up and bonded with Percy.

He wasn't a fan of me at first and wouldn't let me touch him, though once I found the one spot he'd let me scratch, under the chin, he became far friendlier and now lets me pet his sides and back and gives the occasional kiss too... Though he is still a grunting wriggle worm when it comes to brushing. 😆

He is a massive fan of the tube and won't share it, even with Percy. :p
20201110_155155.jpg

Though, old man Scrappy isn't quite sure what to think to these strange, hairy quails.
20201109_202530.jpg

Your pigs are very sweet, but that cage is not large enough for the both of them (or just one) and it’s not enough space to run around. Pigs need as much room as they can get, especially living in pairs, and they need cages that are NOT from the pet store (never ever ever ever ever ever, buy cages for small animals in pet stores. They’re far to small, and pet store employees are misleading and tell you to buy their product) you should think about a C&C cage. I’ll ad to my post later.

otheriwse I’m glad you rescued them 🙂

Your pigs are very sweet, but that cage is not large enough for the both of them (or just one) and it’s not enough space to run around. Pigs need as much room as they can get, especially living in pairs, and they need cages that are NOT from the pet store (never ever ever ever ever ever, buy cages for small animals in pet stores. They’re far to small, and pet store employees are misleading and tell you to buy their product) you should think about a C&C cage. I’ll ad to my post later.

otheriwse I’m glad you rescued them 🙂

I am aware the cage is small as this is the best I can do until we get the flat, though the cage is more of a bedroom/dining room than anything, they get a lot of time outside the cage. Currently have Percy and Pedro on the bed with me, with Pedro sniffing about wandering around and Percy snuggled next to me being a cozy floof.

Also the cage is 119 x 59 x 47cm, so it is larger than it looks, but is still small for two piggies to be cooped up in all the time.

I am aware the cage is small as this is the best I can do until we get the flat, though the cage is more of a bedroom/dining room than anything, they get a lot of time outside the cage. Currently have Percy and Pedro on the bed with me, with Pedro sniffing about wandering around and Percy snuggled next to me being a cozy floof.

Also the cage is 119 x 59 x 47cm, so it is larger than it looks, but is still small for two piggies to be cooped up in all the time.
Sounds good. I didn’t read your whole post (skimmed through) so I’m sorry if you mentioned you would be upsizing :oops:

Also, guinea pig language is confusing... I pet Percy from his head to his upper back as usual and he starts rumbling/purring, normally a sound meaning guinea pigs don't like something and to stop, aka, petting the butt which is a dominance area, especially in boars... Yet he also stretches out and let's out a yawn like he does when relaxed when getting pets like normal. XD

I heard the rumble/pur can also be a sound of appreciation, but many only really hear it in that context over their favourite treats, not over pettings.

Back
Top Bottom