Just hatched peafoul HELP!!!!!!

Well the babies have made it to week 3 !!!!!!!!!! Now I need some guidance with their care. When should I start introducing different kinds of food? I am getting the to roost on a branch in there cage,they seem to like it. I have having trouble when I try to turn their light off for a bit. They peep and grumble and cry until I turn it back on. Is this normal? Any advice is much appreciated

I'm a new pea-mommy too. A couple months ago my sister gave me four pea babies whose mother had been killed by a bobcat the day the last one hatched out. Three of them didn't make it, I couldn't get them to eat the Start and Grow. My remaining pea-baby lives with my flock of chickens and his diet is about 80% Start and Grow. He LOVES the crickets I give him as well as mealworms. If you give your peacock crickets make sure you buy them from a pet store and not a bait shop. Crickets at a bait shop are bred to have extra thick exoskeletons in order to keep them on a hook. Pet shop crickets are bred to feed lizards and other exotics and have a thinner, more easily digestible exoskeleton.

Back
Top Bottom