Just in case

Nodakj

Songster
Jul 22, 2022
1.45 hrs straight east of Fargo ND
Well gonna get some hate here. I insulated my coop against the advise i was given. After this cold snap i decided to hang the cozy coop flat panels up and get them ready for the -30°F nights/weeks we can get around here. Probably won't use them unless it gets prohibitively cold. I am thinking of the line as maybe -15°F or below ?

20230102_122150.jpg

ha i bought a cozy coop heater too after the latest cold snap. despite my well ventilated and dry coop, and my best efforts, 3 of my hens got frostbite, and most of my flock had ice on their backs from sleeping/breathing condensation over night. so i’ll be using the heaters if it goes below zero again overnight. better to be prepared for crazy weather. planning on hanging them soon so they get used to the new scary black rectangles before they need the heat.

ha i bought a cozy coop heater too after the latest cold snap. despite my well ventilated and dry coop, and my best efforts, 3 of my hens got frostbite, and most of my flock had ice on their backs from sleeping/breathing condensation over night. so i’ll be using the heaters if it goes below zero again overnight. better to be prepared for crazy weather. planning on hanging them soon so they get used to the new scary black rectangles before they need the heat.
I have had the heaters since i was in the middle of my coop build. (August). I just never put them up as i seen all the negative feedback. Anyway I did my nightly check and seen 2 pullets roosting on the lower roost, which was a first. I am guessing they were put off by the new scary panels. We will see tonight i guess.

Back
Top Bottom