Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread

They're called Sapphire now? I've been calling them SBELs . . .
hu.gif

I have known for a LONG time they have a name for this cross. Thought I would start using it. I saw someone the other day talking about making sapphires like it was something NEW here in the states. I will use that name for the CCL cross but not other crosses like with my Ams.

I have sizzle eggs and splash silkie eggs up on ebay for BIN.

Great idea.
You want to let everyone have an oportunity to buy BUT you dont have the required 6 months or number of posts. Some people get on line and JERK others chains
To goat them into a dialog and they are actually just out to bump up their numbers instead of seriously being interested. Others become bucket mouths just to boast how many posts they have made going around annoying others by baiting them into dialog and they dont have a clue what their bucket mouth is saying. All just to get those points!

Okay, there is a reason. This site sells ads. The cost is set for the ads buy how many could see the ad, that is where adding up all the hits this site gets. The more posts the more hits the higher the cost for an ad. It is that simple.

They are also trying to prevent robots. Ok. But there has to be another way than people trolling on the site commenting everywhere irritating others, engaging others into dialog just so they can bump their numbers so they get more points in a short time. The shorter the time, the more points, a serious bucket mouth and instigator!

So come on lets try and figure out another way to do this. I like your idea of posting where they can go to bid. Ebay a business. Like your idea. Good luck on that.

We are not allowed to post links to ad on eBay. We are going to follow the rules. My rules too.

I understand it is necessary to have rules and this rule is to prevent users from going to other sites to post for sale it is made to get everyone to post at this site to sell. The problem lies in how many posts there has to be to posted to sell at this site. That causes people to come to this site and jerk the chain and bait the serious into dialog and they the serious minded goated into dialog of no end! All to get their numbers bumped. That is just a circle of problems.

Last edited:
I understand it is necessary to have rules and this rule is to prevent users from going to other sites to post for sale it is made to get everyone to post at this site to sell. The problem lies in how many posts there has to be to posted to sell at this site. That causes people to come to this site and jerk the chain and bait the serious into dialog and they the serious minded goated into dialog of no end! All to get their numbers bumped. That is just a circle of problems.

There is a valid reason for requiring a waiting period prior to participating. Before waiting periods/participation requirements there were some fraudulent activities that occurred causing serious financial repercussions for a lot of members. That is all I will say and no more details just please leave it at there being good historical reasons for the rules that are posted. Each person that starts a swap is allowed to set their own rules.

I do not "troll" and participation is voluntary. Please understand and be kind to all involved.

Friendly and supportive dialog on your local where am I where are you thread , admiring pictures, or helping people with sexing works better and faster then stirring drama. Getting posts on byc is easy !

Wow, It seems I may have upset somebody. Not my intention. I come to BYC everyday. I comment to other posts when I feel the need to. I've posted alot over the years. I try to be helpful when I can because when I first started it was the nice people of BYC that helped me out. So when I can I return the favor. When my eggs don't sell here I turn to ebay because they sell there. I don't particularly like having to go there but my chickens have to eat and I have to sell eggs to buy feed and whatever else they need. Since I have mostly Silkies, they are not reliable layers. They start and stop with no warning. I can't put up ads until I know I"ll have the eggs, so I can't post here, wait for a response then go to ebay, post there and wait some more. The eggs loose viability and I don't sell old eggs. I have a personal rule not to sell eggs older than 4 days old on shipping day.

With all that said, I have people here that have been buying and swapping for my eggs and I just want to give them the chance to get more if they want them. Thats why I post here when I have eggs up for auction on the other site. I'm not intentionaly disrespecting those on this site. So to not upset anybody I will not post here again when I have eggs up at the other site. When my girls pick up laying more eggs I will post here.

Back
Top Bottom