Pics

DMRippy

Pallet Queen
8 Years
May 18, 2011
Nashville
WELCOME to the
JUST IN TIME HATCHING EGGS AUCTION AND BIN THREAD

ALL BST Rules Apply to this thread. This thread is open to ALL breeds, crosses, projects.... ANYTHING Hatching Eggs you want to sell.

PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES BEFORE POSTING OR BIDDING THESE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE so check back here if you are unsure.

All Auctions and BIN will need to be paid for within 24hrs after the auction closes unless seller has stated other wise. Please make sure you can pay for the item you are bidding on within the time limit posted by the seller. The sooner you pay the quicker they will get shipped. NO TRANSACTION ON THIS THREAD WILL BE PAID FOR AS A GIFT THROUGH PAYPAL. That just protects EVERYONE, buyer and seller. It is also against the rules on Paypal. NO E-CHECKS unless you get prior approval from the SELLER.

POSTERS RULES - Read HERE first. Please have been a member of BYC for at least 6 months and have 250 posts or A BYC Member for over a Year. LIST CLEARLY if you are listing an Auction or a BIN and the TIME Frame of your auction. 1-24 hours norm/72 hours (please reserve the 72 hours for weekends so eggs can ship on Monday) If no time frame is listed we will assume it is a 24 hour Auction. Please UPDATE your listing if it has sold. Feel free to re-quote your offer with time left and current HIGH bids. Min starting price on Auctions is $5 plus shipping (list shipping charges in your post and please keep it at a NORMAL price ie Flat Rate Box Price). In the true spirit of an AUCTION listing please start with a BARGAIN price.... make if fun and the eggs will be bid on. Buy It Now (BIN) Price Please INCLUDE YOUR SHIPPING IN THE PRICE just to avoid confusion and when they will ship. Feel free to change you starting bid to get things moving.... but don't change the terms of your initial offer
rant.gif
No limit on the number of Auctions or Buy It Now's you can post. Just for the ease of following the thread if you have more than one offer post is separately it will make bidding easier I think. SHIP your EGGS ASAP once payment is received VIA Priority Mail. Ship the FRESHEST eggs you can no older than a week.

Please post as much information as you can. Every detail will just help you sell your eggs. List the number of eggs, breed(s), pictures or a link to the pictures and anything else you think will be asked. The more information you put the less likely your post will be over looked for someone else's.

I like this format.... it gives all the info a buyer needs and is easy

AUCTION (or BIN)

Eggs to ship Wednesday 3/20
Number of Eggs: 9
Bidding starts at $12
Shipping is $14 priority with tracking
Ends 10:20am Central time Tuesday 3/19

BIDDERS - Read HERE First! Please be a member of BYC for 6 months and have 250 posts (real posts) or a BYC Member for over a Year and 20 posts. Please use the QUOTE button for what you are bidding on that will help everyone follow the thread. Pay for your eggs in a TIMELY manner so your eggs will be as fresh as possible.

BUYING and SHIPPING Hatching Eggs are a RISK. BUYER BEWARE. When you leave feedback it is for how the eggs were PACKED not for how your hatch rate was. Once the eggs are shipped they are out of the control of the shipper. Damage to packages during shipping are NOT the shipper responsibility as long as reasonable care was given during packing. Shipper offers no GUARANTEE on your hatch rate. By posting or bidding you understand these terms.

EVERYONE PLAY NICE PLEASE! If you have a problem let me know. If you are wanting to do side swaps that is fine but please try to move it to PM's and edit your posts as needed. This is NOT a forum for discussing breeding practices. Mixed breeds of ANY kind are welcome just be clear what you are selling. Adults can pick what they want to buy and sell.

IF ANYONE FAILS TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE SHIPPING OR PAYING LET ME KNOW AND THEY WILL BE BANNED FROM THIS THREAD FOR FUTURE POSTS and LISTED ON THIS MAIN POST on the WALL OF SHAME.

I have had reports of VERY POORLY PACKED EGGS. That is UNACCEPTABLE. It is the sellers JOB to make sure the eggs arrive in as good a shape as you possible can. Repeated reports of poorly packed eggs and missing eggs will also cause you to be banned from this thread. Buyers need to also understand that eggs can get broken in shipping and that is expected from time to time but NOT EVERY BOX. Over half of the eggs shipped broken is not acceptable. If you get poorly packed eggs try to work it out with the seller if not DO REPORT THEM TO PAYPAL to get your money back and notify me so I can keep an eye out for a pattern. I can not HELP you really, but I might can stop the next person from getting in the same situation. NOT shipping the quantity promised and breeds not agreed to is not acceptable either.

1 warning.... is all you will get for any infractions. 2nd infraction will be banned. I will share this info with the other Swap and Auction threads as I learn the info and if they have also had an issue with a seller that will be your 2nd infraction
wink.png

Since this is in the BST Section you should be able to leave feedback for your transactions.

AUCTION END TIME! When a time is listed the last bid prior to that time changing is the FINAL BID! PERIOD! If the auction ends at 2:00 ALL BIDS up until 2:01 are valid bids. Anything with a time post after the time are NOT valid. This is NOT just a 24 hour auction site.

Here is a link to a chat thread
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ew-crazy-24-hour-auction/150_50#post_12946213

Last edited:
OpalLegbar.jpg

Auction - Opal Legbar CHICKS!

Winner gets 6 split pullet chicks and 1 Opal cockerel chick.
Chicks are 4 weeks old.

28379760_1015118968641573_3619993079898057501_n.jpg

These follow same breeding as other lavender breeds.
cream x cream = 100% cream
cream x opal = 100% split
split x opal = 50% split & 50% opal
opal x opal = 100% opal

Starts at $1
Winner to add $10 for the box plus actual shipping based on 8 pounds from zip code 64060.
Auction ends Friday, 04/05/2019, 8:00 pm CST. Last time stamp showing 8:00 gets them.
Cannot ship to Virginia.
Cannot ship to 90000-93599 due to quarantine.
https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/ahfss/Animal_Health/pdfs/VND-RegionalQuarantineNewsRelease.pdf

NPIP AI clean. Ships from near Kansas City, MO.

I'm using more golden crele than cream legbars in my breeding pens in order to enhance the color of my Opals. You can expect the splits to be a mix of both cream and golden crele.

DSC_0172.JPG

20170226_DSC_0763.jpg

Egg color varies by light source and surroundings, as well as personal perception. I get some nice blue egg which look more green under the kitchen light. White egg gene has not been eliminated yet so small possibility you might get a white/cream layer.

These photos are all the same egg - same location, same camera setting. I just held it next to different colors on the OAC Chart. This is one of the bluer eggs I've gotten.

53764601_1299069343579866_339283299484565504_n.jpg

53865623_1299069743579826_4595798071111057408_n.jpg

53926460_1299070033579797_6012565481205006336_n.jpg

Thanks for looking. Happy bidding and good luck!

22046813_927074090779395_8475214607526083136_n.jpg

When this thread was started, there had been another thread that was removed because there were some of us that got burned. DMRippy started this thread with the rules so that the chance of that same thing happening again would be lessened. Not to say that it can't or won't happen again, but to try and lessen the chance that it would. ebay and other places with let you bid without membership time or posts, and so do some threads here on BYC, so choices are available. If you see something here you want and don't have the time/posts, you could PM the seller and asked for the chance to get some eggs. There is a reason some people list here and not elsewhere...it could be because they feel the rules make sense.

I’m getting more Bantam White Phoenix eggs than I need right now, so if anyone wants any, here’s your chance!

Starting bid $10 for a dozen+ eggs and $10 shipping/handling. Shipping date will be arranged at buyers convenience.

* Edit to add closing time - Sunday Oct 10th, Noon Eastern time.
83E70C81-C6C1-406A-9BDD-1DBE916F3C95.jpeg
85E97E1F-7698-40A1-946D-90ADC5121C73.jpeg
57ADC639-190D-43AD-9112-00E457D1AEFC.jpeg

Last edited:
project Opal Legbar hatching eggs

dsc_0163-crop-jpg.1209586

12+ eggs from pen containing all Opal roosters covering split hens. These eggs will hatch 50% Opal Legbars and 50% splits (Cream Legbars carrying the lavender gene). These are F6 eggs. I'm still working on test breeding for white egg gene. All eggs shipped are blue. BIN $90 includes shipping, USA only. NPIP AI clean, ships from Missouri. Cannot ship to VA. Eggs will ship

22089495_927080440778760_475872729289147733_n-jpg.1209569

Opal Legbars are a new beautiful addition to the line-up of autosexing breeds. This breed has everything you love and want all in one package. They are barred lavender birds with cute crests, blue eggs, and best of all, they are autosexing! Know which chicks are males and which are pullets as soon as they hatch!

Opal Legbar males are beautifully barred lavender with golden highlights. The barring lightens the lavender feathers giving them a silver appearance. When the sun hits them just right, these birds glimmer! The golden highlights, contrasting the silvery barred lavender, is absolutely stunning.
dsc_0328-jpg.1209574

Opal Legbar hens are pearl gray with either silver barring or light straw yellow accenting around their necks. Their darker color compliments the males’ lighter silvery color perfectly. Some hens also have light peach breasts.

dsc_0391-jpg.1209575

Opal LegBars lay bountiful quantities of blue eggs. As with all blue egg layers, color perception is dependent on light conditions in which they are viewed, as well as the laying cycle of the hen.

dsc_0292-jpg.1209576

Opal LegBars are autosexing. This means you can easily distinguish males from pullets at day old by the down color of the chicks. Males are lighter colored and have a white head spot while pullets are darker and have distinct chipmunk stripes.

dsc_0232-jpg.1209577

Opal Legbars follow the same genetic breeding structure as other lavender birds. Birds need two copies of the lavender gene to express the lavender color. Breed back to good Cream Legbar stock to improve type and feather quality.

This stunning variety of legbar will surely become one of the most popular breeds available. Don’t miss your chance to be one of the first persons to own them!

dsc_0404-jpg.1209578

dsc_0411-jpg.1209579

dsc_0420-jpg.1209580

dsc_0439-jpg.1209581

dsc_0255-jpg.1209588

BIN $90. These are pullet eggs, a bit on the small side still. First to post sold gets them.

Back
Top Bottom