Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread

You may define hardiness different that others do. In the same way that pure breeds can be breed for increased laying capacity, increased body weight, faster growth rates, etc. They also can be breed for resistance to diseases, resistance to parasites, reduced physical defects etc. While haphazard breeding will not produce better layers, will not produce larger birds, will not produce faster growth rates, will not produce disease resistance, will not produce parasite resistance, etc. Well bred lines however will. My hybirds lay a lot better than my breeds do but my breeds are a much easier keep (i.e. fewer losses, fewer illnesses, etc.). :)

Last edited:
You may define hardiness different that others do. In the same way that pure breeds can be breed for increased laying capacity, increased body weight, faster growth rates, etc. They also can be breed for resistance to diseases, resistance to parasites, reduced physical defects etc. No haphazard breeding will not produce better layers, will not produce larger birds, will not produce faster growth rates, will not produce disease resistance, will not produce parasite resistance, etc. Well breed breeds how ever will. :)

I will disagree but this is not the thread for GENETICS!

BIN $45 plus shipping
Blue Exchequer Hatching eggs.

I have 12+++ from 2 pens. One pen is a blue cock x black hens/pullets the other is a black cock x blue hens/pullets.

Clearly I can't upload pics sorry.

Message me if you want these.

Last edited:
It is easy to forget the cold people endure. That is why I moved to FL from Chicago. ;)
I also find it frustrating to navigate the new format.
My incubator is full of eggs from my own flock. 5 days and all show veins:wee
These are all from my mixed flock of purebred chickens, Many EE in there. Anxious to see what will hatch.
I will keep following to see what will be available in the near future. :caf

It is easy to forget the cold people endure. That is why I moved to FL from Chicago. ;)
I also find it frustrating to navigate the new format.
My incubator is full of eggs from my own flock. 5 days and all show veins:wee
These are all from my mixed flock of purebred chickens, Many EE in there. Anxious to see what will hatch.
I will keep following to see what will be available in the near future. :caf

Tragically I live in the SOUTH... just not far enough south this winter. I couldn't do it if I lived in a colder area. This year was just BRUTAL! It blew out a hose pipe that was still on, then the supply line under ground AND my chicken water system! Still have not fixed the chicken system. I do have the supplies LOL.

Back
Top Bottom