Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread

Congrats mira!!
1f60a.png
I was just telling my husband I'd love to have that breed one day!

I know the topics over but i thibk you guys are over thinking the time thing. I mean I know it stinks to lose and sure TECHNICALLY it ended then but it's also,still that time until it hits the new time. Think of it this way, if somebody asks you what time it is you are going to tell them it is 5:15 not 5:15 and 30 milliseconds. And if you have a meeting at 5, you're boss isn't going to pull out his stopwatch and tell you are 30 milliseconds late. Therefore when they say something ends at a time they mean usually anywhere in that time since in real life that's how most people usually do it. Unless you're a scientist or in Nascar or the Olympics or something the milliseconds aren't relevant to most people. Just my take on it

Anyhow, I hope to hatch eggs some day so maybe later this year or next year i can bid on something :)

I know the topics over but i thibk you guys are over thinking the time thing. I mean I know it stinks to lose and sure TECHNICALLY it ended then but it's also,still that time until it hits the new time. Think of it this way, if somebody asks you what time it is you are going to tell them it is 5:15 not 5:15 and 30 milliseconds. And if you have a meeting at 5, you're boss isn't going to pull out his stopwatch and tell you are 30 milliseconds late. Therefore when they say something ends at a time they mean usually anywhere in that time since in real life that's how most people usually do it. Unless you're a scientist or in Nascar or the Olympics or something the milliseconds aren't relevant to most people. Just my take on it

Anyhow, I hope to hatch eggs some day so maybe later this year or next year i can bid on something
smile.png

Midnight is a term we are all familiar with, and it's used as an end time for several auctions on this thread. it is when one day ends and it changes from one day to the next (say Thursday to Friday for example) this occurs at 12:00.00, not 12:00.59.99 i've read most of the posts in this thread now, some people posted to end their auctions at 'Midnight' on a particular day some 12:00 (insert day of week) night, some 12am. that's 3 different ways of stating the same time, yet if you go by the time rule posted above that could be up to 3 different times, one with even a 24 hour difference. for instance, if the auction ended at 'midnight Friday' going by the rules listed above that this would be 12:01am and not 12:00am then the auction would end after Thursday night, and not at the end of Friday night. because the only time it's 12:01am on Friday is just after Thursday ends.

I now fully understand that this particular thread works differently then any other auction ever, i simply asked about that, it wasn't intended to ruffle feathers just to get a clarification.

Last edited:
I now fully understand that this particular thread works differently then any other auction ever

You must not have seen many auctions then . . . . this confusion happens all the time on FB, and verdicts on who the final winner is can go either way. Therefor I offered you eggs as well, because both points of view have merit and either last bid could have been considered the winning bid. Perhaps this is the reason why some auctions don't close until five minutes have elapsed with no bids.

Can any further discussion on this topic go onto the chat thread. A question has been asked and answered so there is no need for any further arguments here or 'feather ruffling'.

Let's go back to the auctions :)

Midnight is a term we are all familiar with, and it's used as an end time for several auctions on this thread.  it is when one day ends and it changes from one day to the next (say Thursday to Friday for example) this occurs at 12:00.00, not 12:00.59.99   i've read most of the posts in this thread now, some people posted to end their auctions at 'Midnight' on a particular day some 12:00 (insert day of week) night, some 12am.    that's 3 different ways of stating the same time, yet if you go by the time rule posted above that could be up to 3 different times, one with even a 24 hour difference.  for instance, if the auction ended at 'midnight Friday'  going by the rules listed above that this would be 12:01am and not 12:00am then the auction would end after Thursday night, and not at the end of Friday night.  because the only time it's 12:01am on Friday is just after Thursday ends.

I now fully understand that this particular thread works differently then any other auction ever, i simply asked about that, it wasn't intended to ruffle feathers just to get a clarification.

I hadn't thought of it that way but that makes sense. But either way, theyre giving you eggs too i thought. And I'm not mad or feathers ruffled or anything either, i know you were just asking for clarification, and i was just saying my take

Back
Top Bottom