just lost all 3 birds w/pics

cailynne

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 9, 2013
wichita ks
I have my 3 silkies free range in my backyard and the kids told me they were all dead.
My bigger cockerel is just the ends of his wings,a leg and a bunch of feathers. The smaller cockerel and the pullet are still intact but with puncture wounds from teeth...I believe they were attacked by a dog. The backyard is has a 6 foot fence but I can see no breeches.The neighbor's dog was barking at about 3:50...which I should have checked on but thought it was because school was out. Does this look/sound like a dog attack.
Thanks

Dogs don't usually eat them, but if the dog was hungry that may be what happened. If all three were just dead, I would definitely say a dog. Dogs love "playing" with chickens. A dog with enough desire could go over a 6' fence. If all animals were intact, or all animals were partially eaten, it would be easier to guess. The combination of both makes a dog the most likely culprit in my opinion, because he could have partially eaten one, then "played" with the others.

I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

Oh my gosh! Im so very sorry this has happened and your kids had to find them!! That's just awful! I would say yes it looks like a dog did do this. . do you or have you caught dogs in that area before? Id say someone's dog came in and got your birds. I am so very very sorry for your losses.i have three silkies too and I would be devastated. Do you have any idea how the dog got into your propdrty?

Back
Top Bottom