just plucked the potiential show birds cut flight feathers ...

MWchickens

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Lacey is down 4 feathers (primary flight) Henny Penny down 3, and goldie loaf down 5... we are trying to get Lacey ready for the PNW poultry show up in Stevenson WA this October... Hoping beyond hope that her flight feathers will be replaced... I am going to try showing Henny Penny my Barred Rock Pullet...I called the breeder where I got her and they are 80% that Hens is sired from her old style plymouth barred rock roo...but she did say that was the time of year alot of us backyard chicken people order the barred rocks and she did call in to other places to get the chicks to meet the demand... So I think that is a possible yes for Henny Penny to from heritage stock?? but she has a partial speckled beak and her tail feathers are a little high? i think the tail feathers drop down when they get older no?
no questions about Lacey she is full blooded silver laced wyandotte... with very distinctive complete black margins on her feathers... Goldie Loaf is a buff orpington who is more orange than buff?? and grumpy:barnie

Hermione is our filthy mudblood she was to be our ameraucana but is our EE...
gig.gif

back yard chickening in OC Oregon
MW chickens

Back
Top Bottom