Just talkin'...

CCourson05

Popping like kettle corn...
9 Years
Jan 5, 2011
Hickory Flat, MS
Anyone ever been over to the sister site, backyardherds? It is dead as a doornail.
hmm.png

I am there a lot. I try to comment as much as i can. It is very slow because they dont have many members. BUT the members there are very knowledgeable. I usually just post about sheep but sometimes goats and others just to keep everything moving

Quote:
You into rabbits now Jamie?

I was thinking about you last night watching a program on aggressive dogs. They listed the GSD near the top of their list of most aggressive. I was thinking...those poor dogs stuck with ignorant owners.

OOOH!!! Great!! That is what I went there for!!! LOL! Any helpful hints as to what breed to raise for meat here in Mississippi?

Quote:

I was thinking about you last night watching a program on aggressive dogs. They listed the GSD near the top of their list of most aggressive. I was thinking...those poor dogs stuck with ignorant owners.

Yep
big_smile.png
I breed rabbits for meat. I had two litters so far and have butchered them, as well as three adults that didn't work out for breeding for various reasons. Because someone in my HOA complained about my buns we have now a split farming co-op with some friends of ours. They keep the buck for us and and I keep on breeding doe (maybe two
wink.png
) and I do the breeding and raising until they are six weeks old and then they go to the friends place for finishing and butchering.
big_smile.png

Oh..the program with the aggro dog list. Eh sometimes those things upset me, but other times I think the bad publicity might just keep some people from owning a GSD
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:

Yep
big_smile.png
I breed rabbits for meat. I had two litters so far and have butchered them, as well as three adults that didn't work out for breeding for various reasons. Because someone in my HOA complained about my buns we have now a split farming co-op with some friends of ours. They keep the buck for us and and I keep on breeding doe (maybe two
wink.png
) and I do the breeding and raising until they are six weeks old and then they go to the friends place for finishing and butchering.
big_smile.png

Oh..the program with the aggro dog list. Eh sometimes those things upset me, but other times I think the bad publicity might just keep some people from owning a GSD
tongue.png

Cool beans on the buns.
smile.png

Yep, my boys are keeping me young by keeping me on my toes. Kane has learned how to open doors.
roll.png

Yep, I've been to BackyardHerds. I post there a lot. It is rather quiet and it often takes a little while to get an answer to a question. But there are lots of smart folks on there that know there stuff (especially goats). But you know what? More members=More Questions which means a not so quiet forum! So come on folks, join BackYardHerds!!

Yes, I've been there. Not many people but still a great resource. Every time I ask a question, they provide me with feedback. Also a lot of great info in different threads. I like going over there to read information.

Back
Top Bottom