Just wanted to say im a new owner of baby coturnix quail

Junejones

Songster
Sep 20, 2021
20230503_091740.jpg

Thanks so sad to say that 3 of them died and 1 is going to die....... Before they die they seem that they can walk and everthing then i go a check again and they cant walk and are flailing around and cant do anything

Thanks so sad to say that 3 of them died and 1 is going to die....... Before they die they seem that they can walk and everthing then i go a check again and they cant walk and are flailing around and cant do anything
I had a few like that. They started ok, but 2 kept falling over and couldn't stay on their feet. A third I lost as it had a hatching defect.

I was able to fix splay-leg in a 4th that would have otherwise died.

It could be a defect, I didn’t read all comments so apologies if this was asked, but are the eggs all from the same place?

For instance when you buy them online it can be due to them being poor eggs, but it can also be if different batches, due to incubator or many many other factors! Don’t be disheartened, even if you only end up with one!

I breed lovebirds as well as chickens and other cute little things and it’s always a hit and miss if you use an incubator, and even up until the states of mature birds there’s always a chance of a risk. A risk that anything could go wrong and for no known reason, at any time.

Back
Top Bottom