Khaki Campbell ducks 22 weeks and no eggs yet. Just got one I think (picture) added.

Does she quack like the layer?

My first runner to lay started at 16 weeks, four days. The last one started perhaps six to eight weeks later.

So it could take another while yet for your other girl.

Crosbygroup, I'm guessing my white Campbells are about 24-26 weeks old and have yet to lay any eggs. They seem happy and healthy and are eating the correct foods, they just don't want to lay. I keep threatening them that if they don't lay me an egg soon they will be going on the Christmas dinner table (just joking, I could never kill my babies) but it winds them up and they have a quacking argument with me about it
lol.png
. I've resigned myself to the fact that they probably won't lay now until spring as the weather is getting rather frosty here in England UK. Maybe they are just late bloomers and they will start to lay when they are ready. Fingers crossed for you, maybe we should have a competition on which of our ducks lays first.

Crosbygroup, I'm guessing my white Campbells are about 24-26 weeks old and have yet to lay any eggs. They seem happy and healthy and are eating the correct foods, they just don't want to lay. I keep threatening them that if they don't lay me an egg soon they will be going on the Christmas dinner table (just joking, I could never kill my babies) but it winds them up and they have a quacking argument with me about it
lol.png
. I've resigned myself to the fact that they probably won't lay now until spring as the weather is getting rather frosty here in England UK. Maybe they are just late bloomers and they will start to lay when they are ready. Fingers crossed for you, maybe we should have a competition on which of our ducks lays first.

Mariehanson, Mine can't complain about the weather here in Southern California, I'm still running around in shorts and a tank top. I hope yours surprise you and start laying soon. I'll mention the dinner table to mine and see if it helps.

Hurray! Its my birthday tomorrow and my ducks have decided that my birthday present should be eggs. 1 egg yesterday and another this morning, which possibly means that someone is still not laying. But today I don't care anymore because I had a duck egg for breakfast (and I'm not embarrassed to say that I licked the plate clean).
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom