khaki campbell ducks

Egglayer123

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 16, 2012
Ireland
I was thinking about buying sum khaki ducks.. would they be ok in with my 8 hens?? was going to get 2 ducks and a drake if possible! i may have to make the run abit bigger though. Will ducks jump up and lay in the nesting boxes or will they lay on the floor? also will the ducks sleep on the ground?? i would b afraid of the hens doing their bussiness on top of them at niight!!!
Thanks

Yes they can live together, yes they will sleep on the floor, yes they will lay on the floor. Put in a pop board under the roost area for the chickens. If you give them a straw filled box on the floor they will use it. Our Khakis free range with our chicken flocks and do very well with the hens and roosters both. I would reccomend 3 ducks and 1 drake if you have the space.

Thanks a million!! my coop wouldnt b the biggest either i think is only 4 foot by 5 1/2! so i dont have alot of room in the coop but they have a big enuf run! i see your from florida 2.. im heading ther on holidays in june and cant not wait :) do they need a big pod like area??
Thanks again..

Back
Top Bottom