Kikirikis!

Thank you so much for all the information you are sharing!❤️ I have been struggling trying to find definitions to some of the terms used. You have been a great help with proper translations. I know very to little Spanish and Google translate is not great. I have fallen in love with these little friendly chickens. In my desire to try to preserve my newly acquired Kikiriki line flock, I have been trying to learn more about them. But there is so much conflicting and confusing information out there and since I don’t speak Spanish, it has been very difficult to find truthful information.

Thank you so much for posting this info and these pics!! I’ve been raising bantum silkies and cochins for 6 years now😍 and only recently found out about the kikirikis. I would love to start with a few but have no idea how to find a breeder possibly near me. We are in north central Arkansas, and kikirikis and practically unheard of here. Do you possibly have a list of a few good breeders? I know it’ll be a drive for me, but I love road trips!😅
I found this Facebook page online
https://m.facebook.com/groups/3095247690739588/
There's actually someone on there with a couple for sale in Arkansas! And someone that ships in the US. :)

Thank you for this post. I am on my third generation of pet quality Kikirikis. I think they are beautiful, interesting, Little Birds and I am totally in love with them. I have some that are very small under 7 oz and a few that go as large as 12 oz. I have been reaching out to a few breeders to find out more information on mine and evaluate them before I start selling chicks or pairs. Some Breeders are of the opinion that because I have Frizzle that they are not true kikiriki and do not meet the standard. It is been suggested that maybe they are mixed with Serama. Doesn't hurt my feelings in the least as they are tiny and beautiful and everyone I come across wants them. But I am honest in my dealings and don't want to advertise falsely. I would love to know your opinion of my birds and if you have heard that they do not come in Frizzle, or that it is not a standard trait. Thank you so much.
You say "don't meet the standard," are you saying there is a documented standard for kikirikis? Whenever I've heard the term, it was just used loosely to describe any general bantam in Spanish. Any size, any feather pattern, any attitude, as long as they were bantam size or smaller, they'd be referred to as kikirikis by any puerto rican I've met. I guess if we are going by the "true" puerto rican kikiriki, it wouldn't be frizzled and it would look a bit more "fino" meaning it looks like a miniature gamefowl rather than a miniature fat/fluffy breed. I know they have their signature bantams like the no tail ones, the hennie ones, and the short legged ones, but I never knew of any standard that disqualifies a bantam from being a kikiriki.

Back
Top Bottom