Kikirikis and living environment?

JulietsMomma

Chirping
Mar 24, 2023
I have read and read about this breed but I’ve been finding conflicting information. I read somewhere that they need temperatures above 50 degrees F to live and some say it isn’t true.

I’m building a temperature controlled coop and run this spring for my other chickens and was considering building another setup for kikirikis but I don’t want to stress them out. I don’t live in Puerto Rico and read they derived from there. I live in Kentucky and temperatures can get below zero in the winter.

My thinking is that I could heat the coop for them and keep it around 65-70 degrees year round. Anyone breed them and have info?

I have read and read about this breed but I’ve been finding conflicting information. I read somewhere that they need temperatures above 50 degrees F to live and some say it isn’t true.

I’m building a temperature controlled coop and run this spring for my other chickens and was considering building another setup for kikirikis but I don’t want to stress them out. I don’t live in Puerto Rico and read they derived from there. I live in Kentucky and temperatures can get below zero in the winter.

My thinking is that I could heat the coop for them and keep it around 65-70 degrees year round. Anyone breed them and have info?
Here's a thread on them. Sounds like you're on the right track!

Back
Top Bottom