Kind roosters exist!

GarthRyan

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 29, 2013
Lately I've been quite amazed with my two Black Australorp roosters. Whenever I treat my birds (usually some bread) my hens are wild and will pretty much eat my hand in the rush of eating some bread but my two roosters will be gentlemen and just stand back and let their ladies eat. And when they do come to eat some they just kindly and carefully pick it out of my hand and avoid pecking my hand.
That just amazes me considering roosters could be the meanest ones there if they wanted to be.
But when It's feeding time and I pour the feed in they're all over it and so I would think they'd be all over the bread too like the hens but they're not, they're just gentle giants. Anywho, I just wanted to brag on my roosters.

Hey there,
Lucky you! My rooster got so mean he had to be dispatched. I was surprised because he was a speckled Sussex and his breeder told me he was very gentle. New one next year - fingers crossed for a better disposition!

ahhh yes we have a bared rock roo that acts like a dog he will walk in the house eat out of you hand let you hold him. he walks up to you to see if you have food all the time and if you do he jumps up and grabs it so cute but a little scary since hes HUGE!

Lol that's funny. I wish that I had the nerve to let my chickens out sometimes but I'm too worried that they won't go back in their pen at night for me and I'll have to somehow catch them which would be really hard. It's hard enough for me to catch them in their pen lol

Back
Top Bottom