Knoble Chickens Builds a Coop

Knoble Chickens

Chirping
Feb 17, 2017
Spanaway WA
Thought I would blog my coop and run here, just getting started on the whole thing. I have the sand for the floor of the run, and I have rough leveled the site with a bit of fill.

Next is getting and setting cinder blocks for the perimeter of the run.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Where I am putting the sand it is mostly blackberry vines, rocks and moss. It is also a low spot in the yard where a old metal shed sat for 20 years and needs to be raised up so the run sits on level ground. My first chickens are only 2 weeks old now, and it is way too cold to let them outside yet. Where the sand is sitting now is part of the dog run area. I plan on letting the chickens out of their run as often as I can to run around in a separate garden area, with a fence between them and two scottish terriers I have.

Last edited:
Like the screen name change......moderator should be able to change your thread title too.
Video is pretty good....I look forward to following your build.

Spent part of today moving the last of the sand, and setting up a work tent. Painted the pressure treated sill plates to see if it would dry overnight. Lots more painting to do!

The van with a whole bunch of wood, tools etc. in the back

Setting up the popup tent

Work space all set up.

Sawhorses set up for painting and cutting out parts.

Last edited:
Wow that's quite the 'tent'!

Painting the PT....that stuff is often pretty wet when purchased, can't imagine trying to paint it.

Thank you for answering all my novice questions :) Pressure treated on the bottom sounds like a great plan! Your coop already looks amazing. Just seeing the framing go up makes it look so legit

Last edited:
Wish me luck, I hope I don't drown out there. Gotta work on the new coop&run today, rain or no rain. I have eight fast growing chicks who are nearly all feathered out and ready for their new digs.I need to finish the last bit of framing then I am going to start installing the metal roof sheets. When that is done its paint touch-up, and start installing hardware cloth. I have a design for the coop door, I hope I can pull off what I have dreamed up.

Back
Top Bottom