Laboured breathing

Taneile

In the Brooder
Dec 2, 2016
Hi everyone, just needing a little help. Previous post was j had a peachick that came into my care and it was unknown incubation since nest was destroyed and peahen stopped sitting. Well I put the egg under my hen who had a clutch of her own with plans to take egg out during popping and put the egg in my incubator. She has hatched oddly and popped out with yolk sac not fully absorbed. And the veins haven't been absorbed fully either. She is mostly out of she'll but have placed the bottom of the egg over the yolk so she keeps absorbing it. She is very weak and labourer breathing. Although not gasping with mouth open. Is there anything I can do to help her like a couple of drops of electrolytes? Temp and humidity are all correct.
Thanks in advance :)

I would keep her in the egg for as long as possible. You don't want the exposed yolk sac to rupture (which can cause death). Keeping her immobile is the best thing so that it can absorb. If she starts trying to move around you can put her in a coffee cup inside the incubator. You could try a couple drops of electrolytes on a qtip if you think she is getting dehydrated. Just make sure nothing goes up the nostrils.

Sadly she passed away. As I was getting a cup to hold her in place she must of had a big kicked and kicked the shell off and ruptured a vein or blood vessel as blood splurged everywhere and I grave the paper towels to try and stop the bleeding while I got the wound powder but she died within the minute
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
we got so close.

Sadly she passed away. As I was getting a cup to hold her in place she must of had a big kicked and kicked the shell off and ruptured a vein or blood vessel as blood splurged everywhere and I grave the paper towels to try and stop the bleeding while I got the wound powder but she died within the minute
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
we got so close.

:hugs I'm so sorry. You tried your best!

Back
Top Bottom