Lakenvelders

Pics

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
12 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
Can you post pics of your Lakenvelders please? I think the Lakenvelders are just stunning! Can you also give some info on if they are friendly good free rangers etc. Thanks!

Last edited:
I edited the dutch/original version of the book. David the english version. Author is Sigrid van Dort.

witvorwerkkoppel.jpg

witvorwerkhenvolwassen.jpg

Vorwerks are a bigger, heavier breed. There are no golden lakenvelders in Europe.

The new color combination that you see is produced for the first time this year.
You can cross such a cockerel with a black lakenvelder to get equal amounts of this platinum, blue, chocolate and black.

We received a Lakenvelder as an extra from McMurray hatchery, as others have. We feel the same, STUNNING BIRD! And so sweet we named him Frais(we pronounce it Fraya, but we believe it means sweet in French)...Every day I'm home, I spend time, sitting on stool, in a coop that houses our Polish, Sultans and Frais...Within 30 seconds, this is where he is:

What's funny is he will climb up my back, not jump on my legs to arm then shoulders like the rest(he also doesn't crap on me like the rest!)...And if I don't sit down by the time he gets to me, that doesn't stop him, he can climb all the way up me and lay on my shoulder, he's my Patriot Parrot! ;-)

He roo'd for the first time 2 days ago!

Last edited:
I did have a couple this year but one died as a chick and the other got killed by a dog.What I did learn from them is they are very independent pretty flighty,not the best pets but overall good chickens and yes they are good foragers.

Well mine didnt live long enough to lay but ive heard they lay a small white egg and lay plenty of them,and yes they got along great with my other chickens.

Back
Top Bottom