Lakenvelders

Pics
I have about 25 of them, some are wilder than others. When I was picking out a bird to take to State Fair, the first one I selected was very calm. The second one I chose screamed the entire time I was looking it over. I ended up taking the second one. It was a three day cooped show. It was a bit flighty when the judge took it out for the exam, but otherwise it was calm despite the hordes of people crowding up to the coops.

Deb

Thanks for the offer. I dont't have the stuff to hatch eggs but one of my co-workers do all that. I do have a sometimes broody Japanese bantam. She might will do it being that the eggs she thinks she is hatching are imaginary ones
lau.gif
sound like me, the silkies and polish hatch or I run eggs to a friend
gig.gif

Deb, someone was just asking for show standards on these, since you show yours, can you enlighten us on the standard for showing them?? And maybe put some pics of yours up??
droolin.gif

I havent been on in a while so thought would stop in. I currently have 1 Silver and 1 Golden. The Silver is 24 weeks old ~ anyone know when I should start expecting eggs? My Golden is 10 weeks old today. The Silver is very flighty and prefers to roost high up in my Red Pine tree, I'm been trying to handle the chick more to help lessen her flightyness but not sure if its working lol.

Here is a new pic of my Golden. I need to take a new pic of my Silver but she is hard to take a pic of, she keeps running . DH named the Silver "Road runner" lol.

Only one of the Lakenvelder eggs hatched. Here is the little package of cute.
This egg didn't get marked somehow..I'm usually pretty OCD about it...so I thought this was a Buttercup egg. I was thrilled when it turned out to be the GL.

Back
Top Bottom