Lame 2 week old turkey poult with swollen throat

Wolfi

Chirping
May 16, 2019
Hello! My 2 week old bronze turkey poult Beans has started kind of gagging and choking last night? He kept sticking his throat out with his mouth open and gurgling so I wasn’t sure if he was choking or something. I gave him water after massaging his crop a little but the problem persisted. He stands up very straight but hunched over and mostly just stands/sits looking miserable. His chirps sound kinda squeaky compared to my other 2 poults. His crop is empty today so i dont think he’s eaten, and i think he’s stop pooping. Any help? :)

Can you take a video, upload it to youtube or vimeo than copy & paste the link here?
I can try, he’s not making the sounds currently. He did last night in the evening and during the night but i have seen it since. He’s still acting weird. Its odd because he still walks around and hops about my bed like normal but when i put him back with the others not cuddling him he just stands weirdly, and his throat sticks out oddly.

Can you take a video, upload it to youtube or vimeo than copy & paste the link here?
He’s pacing the cage because im outside the bars aha, they’re very friendly especially him and constantly wanna be out with me. He’s not eating or drinking still.

sorry for bothering so much, he’s refusing to eat his crumb (we only have chick start on hand as we haven’t been able to find turkey start, still on the lookout) but he will eat a few duck grower pellets????

Pictures and a video will be helpful.
image.jpg
His throat is hard and swollen compared to the others, also have now switched chick start to turkey start

Back
Top Bottom