Lame hen went blind?

C
Did your hen ever improve? I just lost my fourth hen in 5 weeks. She just died with no warning. I took her in and had a necropsy done. I have Marek's in my flock. : ( I have 38 remaining chickens. Hoping the death rate does not increase. I thought my Polish rooster had Marek's. He still might, but Poultry Cell helped his lameness. It's been 3 weeks now. I would think he'd have passed by now. It's been crazy ride for me. A HUGE learning experience!!
Charlotte passed away, she died three days ago... I don't know how much good the meds did. She improved but not enough to survive. I miss her terribly... But trying to remember that spoiling the living is the only way to beat grief.

I am so sorry you have Marek's...

I don't have good advice, your burden is heavy... I guess you could adopt other birds that are already carriers... Other than that, just giving them a party-time end of life... Celebrate every day...

It must be hard to live with all that grief... Try to keep yourself out of dark places. Wish I could be of real support... Feel free to vent here, sometimes it helps just to say it... Somewhere that people understand that the grief is real...

:hugs

Back
Top Bottom