Lame leg and bad eye- Hen :(

I know what you're talking about with the premixed salads! My husband and I can never finish the bag in time.
Well, I think the thing with the eggshells is they have to be ground up very fine otherwise it can tear the birds up. I have no idea how to grid it up that fine though.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong- But I think the cat food is sort of a treat, too.

Who knows if the two conditions are related, but if I were you I'd wash her eye with eye wash (boric acid) you can get at the drug store; the people kind. And sometimes rest helps a sore leg. As I'm finding out, there are about a jillion things that can cause both those conditions. It is true about stress affecting their health; one of our hens dislocated her hip last year and her best friend was very stressed out when we had to cage her pal; even more so when we got new chickens. The friend eventually died and we are pretty sure it was due to all the stress. We found our old roo huddled next to her dead body (she was his sister)...it was really heartbreaking.

Back
Top Bottom