Lamona Chicken Fanciers Thread

Lamona Chicken Fanciers Thread Poll

• We currently have Lamona large fowl chickens.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • We currently have Lamona bantam chickens.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We would be interested in breeding Lamonas chickens.

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • We are members of the ALBC.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • We are members of the APA.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • We are members of the ABA.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • We are members of the SPPA.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pics
Spoke to a very nice lady at the National Agriculture Library and she will personally research and locate the original research of the Lamonas. However, it may cost to make the ppaer copies. I asked about just scanning to an email. Will see.

Also received an email from my online inquiry:

Dear Jim Hall,

Thank you for contacting the U.S. National Agricultural Library (NAL).
We have referred your request to a reference librarian for follow-up.
You should receive a reply within a few business days.

Sincerely,

Reference Research Services
National Agricultural Library
www.nal.usda.gov
10301 Baltimore Ave.
Beltsville, MD 20705
301-504-5755​

Last edited:
Great on everything but the Lamonas. We have lots of Orpingtons, Orpingtons Bantams and Wyandotte Bantams. We set a staggered hatch this week. They will be hatching starting September 20 and will ahtch everyday for about 5 days. A few friends are helping and set eggs for the same time period. These will be transferred to the Drew County 4H Poultry Club's booth at the Drew County Fair. Folks will be able to observe chicks hatching.

Seems we will be receiving a breeding quad of Lamonas this fall. Was wanting them for Crossroads, but the timing is a bit off. Will get them the next weekend. Was hoping someone attending Crossroads from the Northeast could transport them for us. Sure would be nice to show them at Crossroads. Next year we will enter them at every show possible. But more important than showing them is to get them hatchted!

Quote:
The Lamona flock will reside in a new coop similar to the one below that we built for a friend. They will remain very safe. An automatic waterer will be installed. We will do everything we can to preserve and increase the Lamonas.

47716_0513101631-01.jpg

Quote:

Jim - did you hear anything on this? I got a very similar response when I inquired, however it came back as no information on file. I would be very interested in these as well.

Back
Top Bottom