Large chicken run ideas

I do like this answer, in all my research this is what i have found, BUT my next question is, "What do you use for corner strength if not pressure treated wood? What holds the corners?' My idea would be pressure treated wood into a hole filled with cement.

I've had mine set up since Apr. I had 1 bird out of 19 go over the first day the fence was up. I clipped one of her wings and have not had any problems since. They are out there all day, everyday, and are totally content in there. Best thing, NO losses. I had/have a fox problem around here. Plus the occasional wandering dog. I seen a dog nose up to the fence once, he turned and ran howling from it, and didn't even look back till he was over 100 yards away. A hungry predator will tear through chicken wire easily, get something heavier. If you are going with some kind of a regular fence, give some thought to running a hot wire all the way around, about 6" off the ground.
Jack

We have coyote and bobcats (and my lab and greyhound) here in semi-suburban Oro Valley, AZ (just outside of Tucson). I am revamping my pen and coops with Xmas money. I have thought about a hot wire, but how many strands and how high? What if the chickens touch it? Will it kill them?

I am looking to build a completely new run for my chicken coop. I previously just had a fenced in area and i lost all my chickens to predators because they are a big problem around my house. I was looking to build a large run made completely out of a wooden frame atleast 40ft by 40ft. I was wondering if anybody has a any tips on how to build one or has any pictures of their own large run?

I am in Tucson, AZ, but I am from Old Lyme and went to UCONN. ;)

Back
Top Bottom