Large Fowl Ameraucana and Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Chicks

I am interested in your Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks, do you still have some for sale?

PM sent.
smile.png

Could I get 10 blue and 10 lavender? Do you know about what the chances are they'll all be rooters? ( do you know if you hatch on average more hens or Roos?) Lol I'm needing hens and my parents are leery of straight run.

Last edited:
Hi Max! We're interested in purchasing some blue and/or lavender ameraucanas (chicks and adults) for pick up this weekend if possible. I've sent an email as well as pm with my info and look forward to hearing from you. We're in Kaufman, about an hour or so away.

Could I get 10 blue and 10 lavender? Do you know about what the chances are they'll all be rooters? ( do you know if you hatch on average more hens or Roos?) Lol I'm needing hens and my parents are leery of straight run.

HorseChick21,

I think in general, with most all things, nature says 50% will be pullets and %50 will be cockerels. If you need pullets then you should buy a breed that is sexlinked, or buy "sexed" chicks, keep in mind with sexed chicks, even professional "chicken sexers" they are only about 80% accurate.

I got my chicks today, such a lovely group of babies, the red is looking very promising, and can't wait to see how they grow out!

Thanks Max for a wonderful experience!

HorseChick21,

I think in general, with most all things, nature says 50% will be pullets and %50 will be cockerels.  If you need pullets then you should buy a breed that is sexlinked, or buy "sexed" chicks, keep in mind with sexed chicks, even professional "chicken sexers" they are only about 80% accurate. 

Tis what I figured, thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom