Large Fowl Cochin Thread

If one were desiring to make the large red cochin I would recommend crossing red Orpingtons and large buff cochins, this crossing will take a few years to get right but the end result should be a nice clear red cochin not a black tailed red.

Wtb 12 large fowl cochin hatching eggs froom breeding or show quality parents. Available to ship to WA around 6th or 7th October. I am willing to pay for shipping cost and any othet extras such like usps fragile sticker and ice packs if necessary. Payment via paypal.

Any information would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi everyone! I've got a nice pair of LF SLC but would love to chat with anyone else who is working on them!

Attachments

• IMG_20171120_090638.jpg
    IMG_20171120_090638.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 10
Set 16 Cochin eggs today
6 from BLF-2. I have never shown her but she is not a bad bird, I got her in September '16 from Jamie Matts
8 from BLF-3. Thats the blue pullet that got Reserve Asiatic Pullet at state fair and reserve overall at county. I got her in February '17 from Jamie
And the male over them is BM-1, Reserve Asiatic at state fair, also from Jamie

My PC is the one hatching them, she will be 5 years this spring so I think this will be one of her last batches
20171126_144017.jpg
20171126_144017.jpg

Persistence is beginning to pay off, I finally have birds that are expressing what appears to be a dark brown color pattern but only in the females, the males are still crow winged but time will correct that issue. Two or three more years should see them back in the show room!

LF Cochins are by far our favorite! We finally found some big LF Cochin hens after searching and searching for some that are truly large. We then couldn't find a decent looking BIG LF Cochin Rooster, until yesterday, and we are picking him up Monday, we are so so excited to start breeding them!
IMG_7008.JPG
IMG_7007.JPG

I'm new to bird genetics, where I live does not have large quality fowl cochins, and I'll hardly find any just importing from other countries. I was wondering if doing the crossover cochin bantam with the cochim large fowl can improve their quality

I'm new to bird genetics, where I live does not have large quality fowl cochins, and I'll hardly find any just importing from other countries. I was wondering if doing the crossover cochim bantam with the cochim large fowl can improve their quality

Back
Top Bottom