Large Fowl Cochin Thread

Not that I know of it meaning anything. Think barring like Barred Rocks. It has that type of pattern to me. I do not have any Barred Cochin but the breeder I get my stock from does. Your chicks is spot on for them

Maybe its because mines not purebred. Father was a blue partridge roo and the mom was a barred hen. That's how I knew mine was a roo cause he was sex linked...

Last edited:
Not that I know of it meaning anything. Think barring like Barred Rocks. It has that type of pattern to me. I do not have any Barred Cochin but the breeder I get my stock from does. Your chicks is spot on for them

Maybe its because mines not purebred. Father was a blue partridge roo and the mom was a barred hen. That's how I knew mine was a roo cause he was sex linked...

Ah I see.

Last edited:

My new male. Not named him yet, i have to stew on it more. So far he is adjusting well to his new home.

Hey guys I have a few pullets who are still young. Their legs have some fluff but not as much as I would like. The boys legs are covered in feathers. Will my girls get more as they grow or stay the same? These are my first cochins. :) thanks.

I may have under estimated my chicken door size with my blue cochin. The chicken door is currently 10x10 inches. My cochin is only 3 weeks old but I just saw some at the fair and they are bigger than I thought (Im actually excited about this! lol) Anyway I dont want to wait and see because it will be winter and I dont want to be outside making adjustments to the door so if its possible I'd rather do it now if I need to.

[COLOR=333333]I may have under estimated my chicken door size with my blue cochin. The chicken door is currently 10x10 inches. My cochin is only 3 weeks old but I just saw some at the fair and they are bigger than I thought (Im actually excited about this! lol) Anyway I dont want to wait and see because it will be winter and I dont want to be outside making adjustments to the door so if its possible  I'd rather do it now if I need to. [/COLOR]

I would make it at least 1 foot by 1 foot

"Stew"  :gig   That's a good one if he turns bad!

Very pretty.

Thank you. I am thinking he may be It, to go along with Fester, Lurch, and Thing. He is getting along with Stumpy for now, they are bedded down side by side. He's learned some pecking order and rules from the 18 month olds but the 5 month old Bantam is the task master most the time.

Back
Top Bottom