Late January Hatch?

you mean your not chasing those hens around making sure you know whose eggs are whose lol. I had (they quit until spring apparently) barred rocks and buff orpington. I have no clue who lays what egg but they aren't fertile. I only have a houdan rooster and the girls aren't having any of his love show lol.

Leave that baby in there. It will encourage the others to start pipping and you do not want to open the incubator. He will talk to the others too. I know I'm gonna want to grab that first baby up and snuggle it too lol. But alone they would get lonely outside the incubator too.

Ok, thank you for letting me know. I wasn't sure all the trampling it was doing would help or hurt.
I can't stop smiling from ear to ear. Now I just pray the other three hatch and I can keep them all happy and healthy! I think I'm ready to do more than four eggs the next time
1f60a.png

Ok, thank you for letting me know. I wasn't sure all the trampling it was doing would help or hurt.
I can't stop smiling from ear to ear. Now I just pray the other three hatch and I can keep them all happy and healthy! I think I'm ready to do more than four eggs the next time
1f60a.png

I don't know how you just hatched 4 at a time lol. I started with 24 and and down to 18. My incubator holds 40 so I have some space to grow lol

I don't know how you just hatched 4 at a time lol. I started with 24 and and down to 18. My incubator holds 40 so I have some space to grow lol

Well... Lol! It was my first time and I wasn't sure I was going to do it right so I "chickened" out and only did 4, one for each of my boys to help raise. I believe my incubator holds up to 12 eggs at a time. It's a small one.

Well... Lol! It was my first time and I wasn't sure I was going to do it right so I "chickened" out and only did 4, one for each of my boys to help raise. I believe my incubator holds up to 12 eggs at a time. It's a small one.

Ok well I get that. Now that you've done it fill that suckered up! I'm already ready to fill mine up again. Gotta wait until it's warm enough outside for these babies to go outside and free up the brooder.

So I have all four chicks chirping around the incubator this morning. 2 with hatch day of 1/26 and the other two 1/27. They will spend today and tomorrow in the incubator before I can open it right? 48hrs?

So I have all four chicks chirping around the incubator this morning. 2 with hatch day of 1/26 and the other two 1/27. They will spend today and tomorrow in the incubator before I can open it right? 48hrs?

Awesome! So 100% hatch! That's great. Just until they are dried off and fluffy then they can go to the brooder. Still want pics
1f601.png

This noisy little bugger woke us up this morning.. and another egg starting to be pipped. A day earlier than I expected given how long it took the incubator to come to temp... guess that didn't matter.

1 out, 26 more to go.

This noisy little bugger woke us up this morning.. and another egg starting to be pipped. A day earlier than I expected given how long it took the incubator to come to temp... guess that didn't matter. 1 out, 26 more to go.
If it happens anything like mine, once the first one hatch they all decided to join the party. Congrats on the first of 26!
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom