Late January Hatch?

I'm on day 20 no pipping yet
1f625.png
Starting to get nervous

@tishl don't be. It seems to happen real fast. Woke up to 7 babies this morning.

Had to help this guy. He was stuck to his shell. He was the first to pip but that was 2 days ago. We now have 8 chicks and 10 left to hatch.

Last edited:
My last baby hatched last night! 6 out of 7, bummed that one was lost but so grateful for the rest. @Knigge I also had a chick that needed help after getting attack to its shell, could finish zipping and is head was stuck at an odd angle. Glad yours made it!

Out of 12 I got three to come to hatch. They are 1/2 RIR and 1/2 Amerucana. They were shipped eggs and 4 weren't fertile, 4 were early quitters and one never hatched. This was a adventure. I learned so much!

My last baby hatched last night! 6 out of 7, bummed that one was lost but so grateful for the rest. @Knigge I also had a chick that needed help after getting attack to its shell, could finish zipping and is head was stuck at an odd angle. Glad yours made it!

That's where ours was. It's beak was stuck to the membrane so it couldn't finish getting around. There was no blood and we really had to wet membrane down. Once I put him back in the incubator he finished breaking out.

@MindyNE I agree I have learned so much too. I actually had worse luck with my local eggs than my shipped eggs as far as getting them to lockdown. Now it seems the local eggs are hatching out better than the shipped silkies. Today is actually day 21 and we have quite a few pips still. I think we will have a pretty good hatch.

Ok so it is day 21 for my seramas 3 have hatched, 24 hours ago. I float tested the other 3 and they are floating low like they shoulf but I cant see any movement. Should I give them more time or are they dead?

Ok so it is day 21 for my seramas 3 have hatched, 24 hours ago. I float tested the other 3 and they are floating low like they shoulf but I cant see any movement. Should I give them more time or are they dead?

Im in the same boat. I have 11 chicks that have hatched and have 7 more that have nothing going on. My gonna wait until tomorrow evening to water test as today is day 21. I'd love for the other 7 to hatch but I think it's kind of weird that nothings going on with them and 11 others have hatched. They were all moving at lockdown.

Im in the same boat. I have 11 chicks that have hatched and have 7 more that have nothing going on. My gonna wait until tomorrow evening to water test as today is day 21. I'd love for the other 7 to hatch but I think it's kind of weird that nothings going on with them and 11 others have hatched. They were all moving at lockdown.

Mine were all moving at lockdown too, I was at least expecting 5 pips even if a few failed after that. Super bummed to see these 3 lagging behing. I did move the other 2 out as they were knocking the eggs around and the 1st is 48 hours old now.

Hi, im on day 14 of my incubation but hen i candle the eggs, it just looks like a mass inside that moves when i rotate the egg? anyone know if this means its bad

So my four chicks are now enjoying the coziness of the mama heating pad system. Since they had to be in my bedroom, the heat lamp was just too bright and the chicks would be up constantly. So far, so good with the new system. They have settled down for the night and I may just get some rest tonight.
1f634.png
1f4a4.png

Back
Top Bottom