Latest hatch!!! (cinnamon pieds included)

What is the most protein a keet can safely handle? I've had mine on 24%, and just got a feed that's 28%. Plus I've been running them with some chicks that hatched at the same time, since there were only 2 guineas. Will the higher levels of protein affect my chicks?

I've never had a problem feeding guineas too much protein, mine get alot of mealworms also, which are very high protein! I also have raised chicken chicks on turkey started (which is what we feed to all pheasants, guineas and peafowl over here) and never had issues with them either, they do however get a lot of fresh fruits, greens, and things like finch mix etc.

Thank you! Mine do get some fresh greens, not as much as they'd like
lol.png
, but they go outside pretty early. It's in the 80s right now, so I'm not worried about chills. They do come in at night until they're fully feathered.
I just got my first pied guineas! I'm so excited, only 3 of 9 have white on them though.
hmm.png

I do have to ask, though, WHAT is the bird in your avy pic bemba?? It looks almost like a dodo bird!
big_smile.png

Hi all!Hope you have had a successful breeding season! Ours is just around the corner! I can smell spring already! All the keets are grown up and are ready to go, they have turned out very much to my liking, I'm in love with my pieds :)

Here are my 2 pearl pied males (front) and pearl pied hen at rear, they are all split lavender also.

Here are a few of my best lavender pieds! They are not as striking as the pearl pieds, but are still equally as beautiful in my opinion :)

And this handsome guy is the best red eyed cinnamon pied I bred for the season.

These are the youngest keets from last season, getting there! The 2 light birds are the 2 silver pieds I hatched and was super excited about as they were the only 2 I managed to breed for the season, they are both hens so I'll mate them to the cock bird in the pic above, as he is split lavender so they will produce 50% silver and 50% cinnamon split lavender all pied too.

Gorgeous birds bemba... I absolutely LOVE how heavily Pied they are. I bet they look really beautiful when they fly (my favorite thing about Pieds... seeing them fly). I can't wait to see how their hatches turn out for you this season. Bunches and bunches of tiny heavily Pied babies!
wink.png

Love the peanut gallery all lined up on the log, lol. That's a priceless pic
lol.png

The first seven from my current hatch. Five more pipped eggs, one JUST hatched (another Buff Dundotte). Official hatch date is Monday 19th, so I'm hoping for a bunch more! Sure do want to fill the bucket!

clap.gif

I got my wish - 20 keets in the hatcher this a.m. (3 are still in the hatcher drying & one died
sad.png
. I think it was trampled, but there's no way to tell for sure). This isn't a good shot - bad lighting - but so far, including the dead one, I've hatched 27 out of 32 eggs. I have two more eggs that have pipped, so who knows. This is the hands-down BEST percentage of hatch to eggs set I've ever had. Anybody want some Buff Dundottes or Pearl Grays? LOL. I might have one Buff in there, but too soon to tell. Not one chocolate or brown.

I wasn't worried one bit
bun.gif
. (I love that bunny!)

Yep, might be a Buff in there... the lower middle keet that is leaning over the bottom Pearl Grey keet. I don't see any definitive stripes on that keet's head, but it could be a male Buff Dundotte. What was your total Buff Dundotte to Pearl Grey ratio?

rant.gif
You/your hatches are hard to follow, you post wherever... and I almost missed this, lol.

Peeps, I'll try to do better about where I post, LOL.
tongue2.gif
. The "Buff in Question" you referred to is definitely a Buff Dundotte. I can see the faint markings on his head. I think he's an Extra Light BD male, like his father.

Back
Top Bottom