Laughing Chicken eggs on Ebay - wow!

ladycat

Songster
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Between Wichita Falls TX and Waurika OK.
My Coop
My Coop
With a "0" rating, I would not touch these if they were $1.

You are correct, without the paper work, quarantine, etc. this would be totally illegal in the US or a waste of time once all the hoops were jumped through.

Last edited:
I just don't get it, but why would anyone bid on fertilized eggs or buy chickens on Ebay?
Because some of us don't have roosters but have a broody hen and an adorable 8 year old granddaughter with big blue eyes and curly blonde hair who wants "her" chicken to be happy?
hu.gif
Actually I did get eggs off eBay this week, and the seller was fantastic start to finish. This is how they were shipped:

There is a thick layer of dense foam under the 4 inch thick sectioned foam that held the eggs. Each egg had one of those little plugs over it, and then there was another layer of foam on top of that. Not a crack, eggs were extremely clean and they were fairly uniform in size too. I had pulled those plugs out before I thought to take the picture - when they arrived each one was flat against the rounded part of the egg. I was impressed.

And this is the reason we took a chance and ordered eggs off eBay....that smile! She marked each egg with an x so we'd know they were Agatha's (just in case another hen got in somehow and laid an egg among these) and this photo was taken just before we went outside to slip them under her Agatha.

Because some of us don't have roosters but have a broody hen and an adorable 8 year old granddaughter with big blue eyes and curly blonde hair who wants "her" chicken to be happy?
hu.gif
Actually I did get eggs off eBay this week, and the seller was fantastic start to finish. This is how they were shipped:

There is a thick layer of dense foam under the 4 inch thick sectioned foam that held the eggs. Each egg had one of those little plugs over it, and then there was another layer of foam on top of that. Not a crack, eggs were extremely clean and they were fairly uniform in size too. I had pulled those plugs out before I thought to take the picture - when they arrived each one was flat against the rounded part of the egg. I was impressed.

And this is the reason we took a chance and ordered eggs off eBay....that smile! She marked each egg with an x so we'd know they were Agatha's (just in case another hen got in somehow and laid an egg among these) and this photo was taken just before we went outside to slip them under her Agatha.
Looks like y'all are gonna hatch some chicks. Would love to see pics of the babies when they arrive..Good luck.

I have no roosters only frequently broody hens….they wish I would order them some fertilized eggs too!

Back
Top Bottom