Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Pics
I got mine in this morning. 7 Blacks and 8 Lavs from Paul. Well worth the wait!

wee.gif

clap.gif

They are so cute, aren't they? Mine are still cute.. at 3 1/2 weeks old...

Yes they are! And I'm so glad to get the Lavs. I have only hatched 4 eggs from my 2 black splits so far this spring and they have all been black. Maybe that means the next 4 will be Lavs
fl.gif

My lavender hen with the sour crop appears to be improving. Her crop has deflated, although I am waiting for her appetite to come back.

Meanwhile, though, DH called me at work to tell me that the lav roo had dropped dead. He was fine this morning, and they were captive in the coop today, so it wasn't a predator. Strange. I'm going to go ahead and try to hatch the 3 eggs I've collected, and any others that I get in the next few days.

My lavender hen with the sour crop appears to be improving. Her crop has deflated, although I am waiting for her appetite to come back.

Meanwhile, though, DH called me at work to tell me that the lav roo had dropped dead. He was fine this morning, and they were captive in the coop today, so it wasn't a predator. Strange. I'm going to go ahead and try to hatch the 3 eggs I've collected, and any others that I get in the next few days.

I am sorry about your roo! I just lost 2 blue copper marans pretty suddenly. I think both had heart issues (they were brothers and their sire died at a young age of heart attack... she thinks) I have learned the HARD way.... have back ups ready or nearly ready. I hope you have a good hatch so you can get a good replacement roo.

Hope you have a back up.
fl.gif

As I said I know little or nothing about chickens except for general care. This whole thing is so very new to me. I had to wait over a year to get my saddle and bridals from England and because they were custom fit to me and my horses I could understand that, I was given a date in the future I could expect to receive that gear . Honestly this guy who ever he was left me hanging on possible receiving dates. He was and is a great guy! I wanted those chicks so badly but being a dumb newbie I would go to my computer at 5:30 every morning then to the post office and sit out side until 7 ,when our mail truck would come in,
to check and see if these babies had been shipped. Sadly I had no clue of what to expect and was as excited as I was when I went to the U.V.M. stables to get my beautiful Morgan mare.
I had no friends alive and had started loosing family. I had a very large family from American middle English Cultures as well.

We are a very close knit and I barley knew people outside my own family. We have very little and I worked very hard to support my family as a kid and even now as an adult. I know that I often misread situations so always involve as many of my family members as I can in any situation .

It was NOT this guy's fault I just did not know what to expect and he did not know me well. My wife got very tired of the routine and finally canceled the order after 7 months. I most likely would have
lit it ride for a longer time but she bought the ones we are having shipped now. But she, an American girl, was being driven crazy by me with this early morning routine and constant building which must have seemed to never have an end.

I hope I can save the friendship with this guy because most of my family and friends are now deceased and frankly I am nearly 70. It is very hard to make friends across age and cultural lines.

As I said I know little or nothing about chickens except for general care. This whole thing is so very new to me. I had to wait over a year to get my saddle and bridals from England and because they were custom fit to me and my horses I could understand that, I was given a date in the future I could expect to receive that gear . Honestly this guy who ever he was left me hanging on possible receiving dates. He was and is a great guy! I wanted those chicks so badly but being a dumb newbie I would go to my computer at 5:30 every morning then to the post office and sit out side until 7 ,when our mail truck would come in,
to check and see if these babies had been shipped. Sadly I had no clue of what to expect and was as excited as I was when I went to the U.V.M. stables to get my beautiful Morgan mare.
I had no friends alive and had started loosing family. I had a very large family from American middle English Cultures as well.

We are a very close knit and I barley knew people outside my own family. We have very little and I worked very hard to support my family as a kid and even now as an adult. I know that I often misread situations so always involve as many of my family members as I can in any situation .

It was NOT this guy's fault I just did not know what to expect and he did not know me well. My wife got very tired of the routine and finally canceled the order after 7 months. I most likely would have
lit it ride for a longer time but she bought the ones we are having shipped now. But she, an American girl, was being driven crazy by me with this early morning routine and constant building which must have seemed to never have an end.

I hope I can save the friendship with this guy because most of my family and friends are now deceased and frankly I am nearly 70. It is very hard to make friends across age and cultural lines.

I am sorry you were not given a time frame for the arrival of your chicks. That is something breeders usually do - although it will still depend on hatch rates. My time frame was clearly stated on the order form - it was from February until April. I was notified when they were sent and given a tracking number. Did the breeder say you would be been notified when the chicks were shipped? Perhaps it is best to let your wife handle the ordering and collect the chicks when they arrive.

I hope you got everything built you needed to while waiting, brooders, grow-out pens and their permanent home. I would say you are a bit late starting with chickens, but better late than never.. I love my birds.

While you are waiting for them, if you haven't already done so, you can read up on information on raising baby chicks and grown chickens here on BYC - there is so much good information.

Back
Top Bottom