Lavender Polish?

caf.gif

The 2 bigger ones in the middle are lavenders I just had hatch last month. The smaller ones are khakis. I didn't plan on the lavs...it was a happy surprise. Note: the color reads different on various computers/tablets, etc. But they ate lavender. I have lav silkies so I'm very familiar with what lav looks like and the genetic traits of it.

Last edited:

The 2 bigger ones in the middle are lavenders I just had hatch last month. The smaller ones are khakis. I didn't plan on the lavs...it was a happy surprise. Note: the color reads different on various computers/tablets, etc. But they ate lavender. I have lav silkies so I'm very familiar with what lav looks like and the genetic traits of it.
Thank you!!! May I ask what you bred together to get this color? Do you have eggs? Trade???

Last edited:
Thanks Again!!!

Thank you!!! May I ask what you bred together to get this color? Do you have eggs? Trade???

I have a pen with khakis, a white polish roo and a lav split splash polish hen. I'm pretty sure that the lavs came from my splash and I believe the khaki was the dad. I had never bred her before so this was a total surprise hatch. I won't have enough to trade since it's just that one hen throwing lav, but I do plan on selling eggs from that pen... so could hatch khaki, Lavender or white.
1f60a.png

I'll try to get and post a pic of the group. They're just perfect. I only do small breeding groups of 3-5 and the birds are all BQ/SQ. It was a huge investment but totally worth it!

I have a pen with khakis, a white polish roo and a lav split splash polish hen. I'm pretty sure that the lavs came from my splash and I believe the khaki was the dad. I had never bred her before so this was a total surprise hatch. I won't have enough to trade since it's just that one hen throwing lav, but I do plan on selling eggs from that pen... so could hatch khaki, Lavender or white.
1f60a.png

Hi Marilynn C, are you selling eggs yet from your pen yet? I want to add some polish to our flock and wanted some different colors like yours. I'm only looking for about 6-8 eggs. If so would you be able to ship to NC? Thank you

Back
Top Bottom