Lavender shredding gene

Yeah. Lavender and Isabella are really notorious for it. Apparently I won't get my Isabellas in time for the sale 😑 bit I have my Cochins and apparently 4 out of the 6 decided they wanted to be boys
Oh my, I had just developed an appreciation for lavender in my ducks and had started looking for it in my chickens. I’ll have to pay attention to this thought. My duck’s feathering looks pretty darn healthy, but it’s a whole different species.

Thankfully I don't have a really bad problem with it, so I'm not much help. I've seen photos of birds as young as three months with it that look terrible but I'm not sure how quickly it would pop up in something like Cochins.

Thankfully I don't have a really bad problem with it, so I'm not much help. I've seen photos of birds as young as three months with it that look terrible but I'm not sure how quickly it would pop up in something like Cochins.
I'll get pictures of my boys and girls after classes. They're about 4 weeks now (maybe 5?) And it's a definate difference to me between the male's and females and compared to every other bird. But I was knowing to look for it too, so they might stand out more to me because of that.

Back
Top Bottom