Lawnmower vs Rooster GRAPHIC PICS/ Saying Goodbye

Quote:
gig.gif

Good for you!
Some people would have made Kubota into Extra Crispy Fried Chicken and here you are kind and loving enough to give him Extra Crispy Crickets!
clap.gif

Becky

P.S. Now I am feel like I need a shower too! Mites I hates them!
sickbyc.gif

Sorry ..I missed yesterday.
hide.gif
Looks like Kubota's mites are getting the boot, Hehe. That sling looks like a great idea. KansasEQ had a good idea about sniping any bone fragments. Ur pic of the foot doesn't realy show any strings.I would snip those off but leave the black knub.Unless there's a foul odor I would just continue to put the sugar or honey mixture on it. The more u can leave, the better foundation he will have to help balance him. BTW, single or not, u didn't HAVE to give up ur time & money. I'm sure u would have enjoyed going to a movie or just reading a book relaxing. Instead u chose to save this poor rooster that was fortunate enough to have u. APPLAUSE, APPLAUSE, APPLAIUSE!!! If only there were more like u....
clap.gif
hugs.gif

clap.gif

This thread has done my heart so much good! I just finished reading the whole thing, beginning to end. It's been so uplifting. At some points, I gasped out loud. At others I laughed out loud. And some made me get teary eyed. "Kubota" is certainly a blessed Roo. I am on pins and needles now waiting to see if you get to keep him! Personally, I think he's already yours, hehe. BUT, we won't know for sure until your neighbor says it's so. Keep us posted! I can't wait to check this thread tomorrow for more updates! You KNOW of course, that heaven holds a special place for ALL of us who cherish God's critters so dearly, right?
wee.gif

I am coming in a little late on this thread, but I need to interject that any time you have a wound on a bird you should nver use those greasy ointments like neosporin. These will get preened into the feathers and prevent them form thermoregulating and the bird will become chilled - not good in a sick or injured bird. EVERYONE shoud have a firs aid kit on hand. In that kit should be a tube of antibiotic cream, the one I use is AVI-x Soother plus. It has antibiotic properties and analgesia (pain relief) and it is water soluble so it does not mess up the feathers. Think about how petroleum (oil) affects the feathers of the birds in the Gulf and other oil spills.

There are many cases when home first aid and emergency treatments are necessary to save a live or stabilize a bird, and it is true in this case, but, this bird really needs to see ana vian veterainrain for better antibiotics, wound treatment, and most important - pain management.

Here is some more information on putting together a first aid kit. - http://birdieboutique.com/beprforem.html

Last edited:
Birdvet- I'm so glad that you added to this thread. From your experience, do you feel this bird has defied the odds and will survive his injuries? I know many of us are humbled by the job Lorije1 has been performing for this poor guy. Also, thanks for the link. As a newbie, I'm always glad to get input on proper bird care. All the helpful advice, ideas, and encouraging comments by BYC members on this topic has been amazing... and makes me feel like I need to do more research on emergency care.

Praise to you Lorije1 for all you've done for this guy!!! Kubota is lucky you took an interest in his health and well being.

great story Glad he is doing well
I once had a hen get her foot popped off by one of the horses. Funny it was a buff Orpanion too. We just caught her up washed it off . I got a pop sickle stick Taped it on so she would walk on the stick not the stub. Left it there until the stub was health over.
She did fine lived until she was 12 years old We nickname her peg leg.

Another paste I have seen for bed sores that may work is sugar, betadine and orange peel. The Dr's from india ordered it special from the pharmacy, worked wonders.

Dani...I so understand & agree with you as I have had the same responses from my family/friends
smack.gif
. Alot of ppl just see these critters as food and I tell ya, since falling in luv with them I cannot eat chicken anymore which is fine by me LOL They have feelings & they have brains. I even know, that they recognize their own individual names. I will call one and she comes running! Anyway, I think ppl who care for chickens as pets have hearts of gold.
love.gif

And Lori you are one o' the good ones out there. I'm following as well as many others are following your journey with Kubota!
celebrate.gif

We just can't give you enough Kudo's girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't offer any advice on the odd protrusion as I am a newby in the chicken world but ppl on here have good advice. Perhaps get the wife of the Vet to take a look as well.
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Hey, Dani/ I have over-lapping Chronic Pain issues and my chickens are the reason that I get up and moving in the morning! People at work look at me like I am a crazy lady but who cares, right?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom