Lawnmower vs Rooster GRAPHIC PICS/ Saying Goodbye

Oh Lori, I'm sooo sorry. I hope you can take some consolation in the fact that you went above and beyond for sweet Kubota, and gave him a much better chance than he would have had otherwise. You also made sure that his last days were comfortable and full of love. I can't imagine a better way to go.
hugs.gif

Lori,
I am so sorry, I have been reading this thread since the beginning. It is a bad day for chickens as I lost one of my black copper marans this morning, I had been trying to nurse him back to health as well.
I have to thank you for posting this thread as I have learned so much through it, you are a wonderful person.

Last edited:
Oh Lori, I am so sorry.
sad.png
hugs.gif
It must feel awful but you did such a fantastic job for him, and it sounds like he responded to your love and really tried to make it, but it was not to be. As a previous poster said, you should be proud of yourself for giving him love and strength in his final days (though it must be hard to feel anything but sad right now). Make sure to take care of yourself now after all the hard work you've done!

Lori, I am so sorry. I guess he gave all the fight he had and it just wasn't enough. You did absolutely everything that could have been done, and more. He was a very lucky guy.

I am in tears now, probably along with you and everyone else who has followed his story. I would never have imagined I could be so upset about a chicken I have never met a long way across the other side of the world.

So sad. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
hugs.gif
and more
hugs.gif

hit.gif

I try not to come back to this thread because it breaks my heart.... but absolutely nobody else in the world would understand why I am this broken over a chicken... especially one that didn't belong to me.

This has been a very long 2 weeks. I just knew he was going to make it. I am second guessing everything I did, or could have done - but that won't help him now.

51084_kubday3.jpg

He was such a grand rooster. I always admired him because I could see him from the road - he was that huge. I remember laughing about him peeking through the cracks in the privacy fence to see my girls. He was so patient and compliant with me fumbling around to wrap his foot one handed... left handed. And how he loved a good warm soak, or even his "hydrotherapy". I was so excited when he was crowing while in his sling.

My dad is going to call Mr B and let him know, see if it's ok for me to bury him here.

being a softy sucks.
hit.gif

51084_kubstinkeye.jpg

RIP Kubota - you were well loved. Lori, you did all you could. There is no second-guessing necessary. You did more than most would have even thought of doing.

RIP Kubota! You have done well!

And for you, you certainly captured the hearts of many BYCers in doing a very unselfish job of caring for him, despite of the odds. I am guessing the stress and blood clot might have done him in. But he is not suffering now. No second guessing now and move on to your birds once you find some time to grief for him. Just take your time and hopefully your present flock will get your attention now.

Well done, Lori!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom