laying eggs

sean_danny

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 2, 2007
portet, france
hello. i am not sure where to post this so sorry if in wrong spot. my question is, do i need to keep a cockerel in order to get my hens to lay eggs. the woman whom i am getting four hens from is insisting that i must have a cockerel or i will not get any eggs. is this true? i've never heard of this before.
thanks much.

She just wants to get rid of one of her cockerals---she is feeding you a line of baloney!! They will lay with or with out a rooster...The only difference is that with out a rooster the eggs will not be firtile and you can not hatch anything from them. Proudly go to her and tell her you only want the four hens.
wink.png

thank you for that. i just found it so odd that she'd said that. i was beginning to think i was crazy and she was right. i'm stopping by hers today and will insist that i only want the hens. again, thanks so much.

Make sure her place looks clean, you know, are the birds healthy, perky? Look around at the facilitys. Anyone that would try to pull the wool over a newbies eyes might try to get rid of unhealthy hens too.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom