learnt a new lesson today ........ my flock loves the rain! does your? POLL

Do your chickens like the rain?

• Yes

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 38.2%

• Total voters
Aww and what lucky ladies they to have a loving home! My black sex link was being kept in a small hamster cage before i bought her!! At least we know our girls will be well looked after now!

Dont kids just come up with the funniest names, im supprised my little girl didnt suggest peppa pig or elsa as names!

Thats a cool idea we all love a bit of alliteration!! Cant wait to hear what youve picked!! X

Hello, hope your chickens are doing well? Ive just put my three 7 week old chicks outside end of last week and they are doing good. Did you manage to decide on names for your girls?
yeh they are all doing well, all laying in the box, even though one has decided to have a molt, still not sure if she is going to have a hard molt, hoping its not! oh that's fab news, glad it all when well for you! still no names yet still thinking, although they like being called "girls" lol and all respond to that!
clap.gif

Aww bless!! Thats cute! Thats good theyre responding to you! Hope the molt goes ok! Its been torrential rain up here in the north west and my girls run is sodden iv been trying to drain it all day! Hope your having better weather were you are!

Aww bless!! Thats cute! Thats good theyre responding to you! Hope the molt goes ok! Its been torrential rain up here in the north west and my girls run is sodden iv been trying to drain it all day! Hope your having better weather were you are!
are weather hasn't been much better, its been really raining and blowy the past few days D: altho they don't aren't bothered and happily running about in it also sleeping as a big huddle lol

They really are beautiful hens!! Its been same here!! Mine are quite happy to go out in it. Its just their free range area doesnt seem to be draining much! Thankfully its dried up a lit today iv put tons of straw down to keep it a bit better underfoot for them.

Im having a panic momentcas im sure one of my pekin bantams its trying to crow at 6am in the morning!! Ill be gutted if i have to rehome one!

Neighbours havnt complained so im gonna leave it, i think i only hear it cos im awake at that time, i think if you were asleep it wouldnt wake you up its fairly quiet.

Thanks
big_smile.png
they are looking abit shabby in some places cause of the molt tbh! hope it drains, I guess that's one advantage of having a huge garden for me, there coop is right down the bottom on gravel so plenty of drainage for them!

ep.gif
oh no that's not good if it is a roo, hopefully its just her being very happy lol some females do take the place of the roo, if there isn't one in the flock, I have one that likes too look out and always chases the crows off! its very funny to watch the chase a crow, even funnier to see the crow being scared off
lau.gif
I know mine can be loud when laying or when they want to get out of the coop!

Aww i know i though we had a big garden when we bought this house, it is a good size but i want a bigger one! Preferably a farm lol!! Im gutted about speckle being a cockrel. Were gonna try find him a nice home! Good luvk with the molt!

Back
Top Bottom