Leg bands... can't decide between 2 options... any experience?

So glad you asked!
smile.png
I have used both, my first was the plastic zip ties - very easy to put on but the numbers rubbed off after a couple of months - frustrating! So now I use the metal bands. A bit more difficult to put on, unless your birds will hold out their leg for you
roll.png
I wrap them in a towel with their head covered and it works pretty well. The metal bands have endured rain, snow, mud etc. so save your $$.

So glad you asked!
smile.png
I have used both, my first was the plastic zip ties - very easy to put on but the numbers rubbed off after a couple of months - frustrating! So now I use the metal bands. A bit more difficult to put on, unless your birds will hold out their leg for you
roll.png
I wrap them in a towel with their head covered and it works pretty well. The metal bands have endured rain, snow, mud etc. so save your $$.
I got all excited when I saw numbered zip ties, then I saw your post.
sad.png
Looks like I won't be buying the numbered zip ties. Thanks for posting your experience!

The bandettes are what almost bought, I really like the idea of them. But I found a few people who said their birds would loose the bands if they free ranged with trees and branches and such, which mine do. I also had the concern that I have difference sized breeds, requiring a few different sized bands.. which is what led me to these options. I'll follow up after I have them on the girls if you are interested...

Do you have any problems loosing the bandettes?

Back
Top Bottom