Legal Elimination of Hawks and Owls

Thats a good idear wood cut out painted like a bald eagle. Also I heard to get those garden glow/mirror balls. Put a few of them out there. One other thing the feed store here sells blow up owls(keep your minds out the gutter:idunno) they hang them in the garden and when the wind blows so do they, looks like they are moving. I also believe do what you have to do and keep your mouth shut. To me less govt. the better.
duc.gif

I live in Oregon and we have LOTs of hawks and Owls,Tons of which live out back by the creek including a pair of Bald Eagles! I know they do snag a bird or two from time to time but I could never imagine killing wildlife for doing there job. I own my flock to get back to the earths beat and I don't think that killing Hawks,Owls,or any bird helps me accomplish that. I buy a few more then I need to off set losses and even though sad,the loss of a personal bird is just part of the food chain. Losing a good gal sure hurts but we are losing wild life WAY faster then we are losing domestic fowl and we should do our best to keep wildlife here for the generations who will follow us:)

I'd like to see the ordinary person (not associated with the FDA) get a permit for this. I run a wildlife damage control company, am licensed by multiple states and so on; and for me to even get a permit for canadian geese (which fall under the same migratory bird act) IF i'm issued a permit it takes 2-3 months.

we're talking geese, let alone hawks and such!

Why not work with someone that keeps and works with birds of prey? They already HAVE permits, and the ones I know "replace" their birds every X number of years.

Swamp

Well for those of you who do not want to kill (I don't relly mind) if hawks are the problem, keep your chickens under the radar for awhile and the hawks will leave. They never stay in one place for too long.

Quote:
Most likely, if your's is a hawk problem, you would see feathers. They often have a pile of feathers in a circle around where the bird was taken.

Quote:
well, there are 3 seasons in michigan where I can get a permit to legally take canadian geese by the numbers
smile.png
They are tastey and the bag limits are great. If I only could get by without using steel shot grrrrrrrrr

Back
Top Bottom