Let’s talk meracks

Fluffygirl

Chirping
Mar 22, 2022
campbell county tn
In if my chickens is sick. Falling down and has some symptoms of what I’m going with as meraks. Now what I’m wanting to know if where do I get her tested at? Is there somewhere that does it for free? I don’t know if that’s what is wrong, but I am upset about this. It’s 180$ to have her seen by a local vet. I do not have that.

In if my chickens is sick. Falling down and has some symptoms of what I’m going with as meraks. Now what I’m wanting to know if where do I get her tested at? Is there somewhere that does it for free? I don’t know if that’s what is wrong, but I am upset about this. It’s 180$ to have her seen by a local vet. I do not have that.
What state are you in?
State labs are usually always cheaper than a local vet.
If your state lab is not within driving distance from where you are at you can overnight a dead bird in an ice chest to them for testing.

Can you take a clear video of the way your bird is acting right now and upload it to YouTube?

What state are you in?
State labs are usually always cheaper than a local vet.
If your state lab is not within driving distance from where you are at you can overnight a dead bird in an ice chest to them for testing.

Can you take a clear video of the way your bird is acting right now and upload it to YouTube?
local vet wants to charge me 180$. how do i find a state lab? I am in east tennessee. I will try to post a video on youtub and upload it. ive been so upset all day that ive nearly made myself sick.

local vet wants to charge me 180$. how do i find a state lab? I am in east tennessee. I will try to post a video on youtub and upload it. ive been so upset all day that ive nearly made myself sick.
The state lab I think is for necropsy if the bird has died.
As yours is alive you can send a swab for a PCR test for Marek's. I use the Texas lab that @artsyrobin just posted.
If you can post a video on utube and link it here someone may be able to help with other things it may be - it isn't necessarily Marek's!

Back
Top Bottom